TMS Comics Availability Problem

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention may I explain why I'm so dash-blown furious?:mad:

My Comics and Collectables Shop has told me that they cannot order the Muppet Show Comic Book franchise because their preview catalogue says in fine print only available in Canada and the United States.

How ridiculous is that? It's too stupid for words. Why should the majority of Muppet fans be denied the chance to own these comics because they don't live in the right specific countries?:frown::attitude:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention may I explain why I'm so dash-blown furious?:mad:

My Comics and Collectables Shop has told me that they cannot order the Muppet Show Comic Book franchise because their preview catalogue says in fine print only available in Canada and the United States.

How ridiculous is that? It's too stupid for words. Why should the majority of Muppet fans be denied the chance to own these comics because they don't live in the right specific countries?:frown::attitude:
wow marty that is so stupid i can not belive that they are doing that .
i wish they would get it right so that every one can get copies in there own home contery . Maybe can find some on E-bey maybe . I would be as mad as u are right now .

Amy

Reaction score
That's been known for ages - the license granted to Boom! by Disney is only for North America and Canada, it's not a worldwide one.
So all the Pixar and Muppet comics can't be sold in stores outside of US or Canada. Just the way it is.

Find a friend in the US and have them buy them for you.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's been known for ages - the license granted to Boom! by Disney is only for North America and Canada, it's not a worldwide one.
So all the Pixar and Muppet comics can't be sold in stores outside of US or Canada. Just the way it is.

As stupid as it sounds the facts are the facts.

I wouldn't mind getting them though fersure. If anybody would like to help me please PM me. The only thing is I don't know how I'd be able to pay you for them as I have no credit card or other such system and it would surely cost you plenty to buy and also mail to me. It seems too much to expect such an expensive favour for free. :frown:

But PM and we'll discuss the matter and see what can be arranged.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, I'd buy them for you, if I could find them. Seems they're flying off the shelves in my comic book store locations. Plus, you'd have to accept the comics would cost a mighty fortune just to ship.

But here's my question... does any comic book store offer foreign comics that aren't published for, or specifically distributed or sublicensed for that country? I'm sure Marvel and DC are big enough players to distribute comics world-wide (possible under a sublicense, or published specifically for another country)... but only time in the US have I seen foreign comics, they were ordered by places that sell foreign magazines.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
EDIT - Here's a store. I don't know how overseas stuff goes, but it appears they're getting them in and not charging an arm and a leg for them either.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score

Welcome aboard Amy...nice to see another Oregonian here!

Timhodge

Reaction score
Hi, this bummed me out too. There's a lot of stuff Diamond won't ship beyond the US and Canada (particularly licensed stuff like this).

According to my local comic store, although they can't get the monthly issues they won't have any trouble getting the collected editions (presumably through a book retailer rather than Diamond). So if you can be patient, there's a good chance your local will be able to help you out eventually too.

And if you can't be patient, well, there's nothing you can't squeeze out of the internet if you ask the right people!

(Last time I didn't want to be patient, which coincidentally was the Incredibles adaptation from Dark Horse, I went through http://www.tfaw.com and was very happy with them.)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you everybody. I shall ask my retailers about the collected editions and some of the other outlets and see what can be done.

Oh and sorry mods if my original title for this thread was inappropriate. I was only trying to vent off some of my anger. :embarrassed:

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well so far i did buy issues 1 and 2 off ebay.
I know some ppl can get the comics for 2$ even the retail is 3$.
Shipping schould be around 7-8$ with 1st class mail and 13$ with priority mail.

The 2nd contact i had on Ebay buying issue 2 is already a nice person that is willing to order me all issues i want.
He told me he gets the issues for 2 $ and i told him i pay him the retail price 3$ he also trys to get low shipping costs so its a win / win. He saves Ebay fees and makes a few bucks. I save on shipping and dont have to wait / bid on the comics.

I also saw Boom comics sell to other countrys. Just visit there store pick the comics and pay. They seem to charge a minimum of 13$ shipping now.
I havent tryed it but if i have no other option i would go buy there.
That being said if i had to pay 13$ for shipping i would order a few spare ones and sell them to friends.