Should there be a Dark Crystal 2?

Tom75

Reaction score
There have been unsubstantiated rumors that there's been talk of a possible DC 2.

Do You Think They Should Make A DARK CRYSTAL 2 ?

Do you think it should be a 'prequal' or 'sequal' ?

Or a whole 'nother story line altogether ?

Some of those involved in the original film have expressed interest in being involved in a new movie.

With the Henson Creature Shop's flair with all the new technologies now available (advances in puppetry, animatronics and computer / physical effects) a Dark Crystal 2 could realize a fantasy world never before seen in cinema.

What do you think ?

:big_grin:

melissa

Reaction score
well sort of....

UMMM...

I am more of a labyinrth fan. More then Dark Cryrstal movie. When I was little....

I like the movie, when I was little. (No sequeal) Leave it as is.

That's my adivce guys....

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
It's one of my favorite Jim Henson Movies, but I know it will never happen, because The Jim Henson Company has said several times that there never will be a sequel to The Dark Crystal. Jim Henson never wanted one to be made either.

Jake

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Yes and NO

I think it would be cool, the only problem is the people and trying to be as good as the first, I was ok with making sequils untill Disney over did it (I think they ran out of ideas or no one is selling to them, but a Jungle Book 2, Little Mermaid 2, Pocahantus 2, Cinderella 2, there ruining all the classics by making sequils to them, I think there should be a age rule, movie older than 5 years should not have sequils made from them, like Toy Stroy 2 was good)

alorindanya

Reaction score
I believe the story ended where it should have. HOWEVER, Gen and Kira had to come from somewhere, the prophecy had to have come from somewhere for a reason...and it would be nice to know what those reasons were.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would definitely like to see a prequel. Maybe it could be a sci-fi miniseries. A sequel wouldn't work IMHO.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A prequel would deffenitly be something I'd love to see. Can't be a sequel because the story ends right there. No more story after that unless you pull a Disney and make the same exact movie over again except using their kids.:big_grin: That'd be nasty.

So, if a prequel's made, I'll be a happy camper. If a sequel's made, I'll pound on Brian Henson's door and cry out "Why, God? Why??????" (I might go to Brian Henson anyway just to meet him)

edible eye

Reaction score
I don't know about a Dark Crystal 2. But another movie like it with only animatronic creatures (not cheesy computer grafix) would be a treat. Animatronics look so great on film it's sad that the Dark Crystal was the only "animatronic only" movie ever made.

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
cool

OK! there is one thing that's bothering me. I am a HARDCORE TDC fan, and everyone is spelling the male gelfling's name wrong. IT'S JEN!! J-E-N!!!! whoo. Sorry. :halo:
I would like to see a prequel or a sequel to TDC. I think it would be cool. It just better be filmed VERY well, or it would be a HUGE letdown. And the storyline had better be good, too.

Otherwise, LET'S SEE TDC2!!!