Should there be a Dark Crystal 2?

RubberDucky

Reaction score
I'm going to say No to a DC sequel. Don't get me wrong I love the film, it's a gorgeous piece of work...but there are several reasons for my answer.
#1) It seems that in recent years there has been a "2" made for about every movie imaginable...most of them none too great in the first place (the Fast and the Furious...need I say more?). It's like filmmakers are becoming too lazy to write an original script, so they do sequels or prequels because a good portion of your story is already built in. Making DC 2 would, in my opinion, cheapen the first one by falling in with this trend.
#2) Do you really think new owner Disney will want to take the time and the art to make something even half of what the original DC was? I forsee a lot of computer generated short-cuts in a venture like that.....no more training actors and dancers to wear the suits and operate the puppets, heck...probably no more tangible puppets! I myself am pretty anti-cg character work....so I'd hate to see that happen.
#3) Didn't the original DC sort of flop at the theatres when it released? So who'd go see a sequel....besides members of this forum I mean :smile:
My vote is we just be content to bask in the goodness of the one, the only, the Dark Crystal

beemer

Reaction score
dc 2

i think a prequal would be a good idea but seems very unlikely. i just hope they will work with brian froud again because farscape is pretty bad and working with brain will guarantee another exellent cult movie

MyPetMonster

Reaction score
I'm torn.I'd love to see another Dark Crystal.Yet I fear that if one was made,they would become too dependant on CGI for the effects,especially with Disney running the show now.
The first Dark Crystal is not only classic,but it is a masterpiece of cinematic art.To replace the puppets and animatronics with soulless computer graphics would be like defecating on the film.It would make me physically ill to see that done to such an excellent film.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Tom75 said:
There have been unsubstantiated rumors that there's been talk of a possible DC 2.

Do You Think They Should Make A DARK CRYSTAL 2 ?

Do you think it should be a 'prequal' or 'sequal' ?

Or a whole 'nother story line altogether ?

Some of those involved in the original film have expressed interest in being involved in a new movie.

With the Henson Creature Shop's flair with all the new technologies now available (advances in puppetry, animatronics and computer / physical effects) a Dark Crystal 2 could realize a fantasy world never before seen in cinema.

What do you think ?

:big_grin:
NO!!!
You can't mess with perfection.
Let's respect Jim Henson's wishes. It's a classic.
If a Dark Crystal sequel (or prequel) was meant to be, it would have came out many years ago.
:zany:

typher

Reaction score
I think so...

Ok, I read somewhere that Lisa Henson wants to make a sequel or a prequel to 'The Dark Crystal' and I think they should you know why? coz The Henson Company has never let us down not once they are amazing they created the best storys and Trust me after Farscape Brain Henson can surely do a sequel for TDC. People who dont wanna see a sequel are stupid. nothing can kill 'The Dark Crystal' bring back the charators for the next one will not kill it because its not live action puppets can return as they were in 1986 the story i must say wasn't the greatest they can do better they have. I think so and anyone who says no are not even fans they are critics.

Whatever

Reaction score
typher said:
Ok, I read somewhere that Lisa Henson wants to make a sequel or a prequel to 'The Dark Crystal' and I think they should you know why? coz The Henson Company has never let us down not once
Really? *cough cough Kermit's Swamp Years**

typher

Reaction score
nope it was a new interview :big_grin: with then talking about Mirrormask smart arse. Lisa said she would love to do a sequel or prequel.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Perhaps not a direct sequel or prequel to themovie, but one set in the same universe is a good idea.

beemer

Reaction score
gd

its a good idea but even if they did they probably would mess it up, judging by the mirrormask pics and the last time they releast a good movie was Labyrinth which was like 20 years ago

alorindanya

Reaction score
I sense tension and resentment in you, Beemer. Why not give Mirror Mask a chance.

AND, I don't think a sequel should be done, but a prequel to DC would be quite interesting, to know how it all began and more on why they split.