Toy Story 3 Teaser Trailer released

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a huge part of me that wishes this movie wasn't being made. It's not that I am not looking forward to it or that I think it won't be a wonderful film, but it's great to see Pixar working on different new projects. You never really saw Walt Disney making too many sequels at least of his animated films and I think that worked as far as being able to do keep moving forward and to do something different.
Well, The idea of making animated sequels never occurred to Disney, since they were too busy making the first movie of everything. And then the DTV movie market heated up, and it became a sequel-centric market. If you look at things now, Disney isn't the only one that does cheapquels, and it's no longer just animated movies. Look at how many sequels and spinoffs we're getting of the Eddie Murphy Doctor Doolittle alone.

But the faith I have in Pixar is pretty amazing. TS2 blew TS out of the water in scope and writing. I say a good sequel makes the first film look weaker by comparison... a bad sequel does the opposite. I always felt Empire Strikes Back was a more intense film than Star Wars that preceded it, and back to the Future 2 was a lot more exciting to watch than the first.

But then, with a lot of trilogies, the third movie always turns out to be the weakest... Shrek 3 was a pretty dull film compared to the other 2 (I blame the fact they absolutely had to recycle the Donkey and Puss share a caustic relationship jokes from Shrek 2)... BTTF 3 was pretty lame compared to the other 2 (though it had a nice ending)... SOmehow I don't think Pixar would make the film if they didn't absolutely think it was necessary (they aren't Dreamworks or Blue Sky after all :big_grin: ). Only thing that bugs me is that the next 2 Pixar films will be sequels.... Cars must have some marketing motive behind it, since they're STILL selling new Cars merchandise... especially since they cleared out all the Ratatouille merchandise before it hit DVD.

Pork

Reaction score
Hmm... I don't know if this is so much a spoiler, but I'll give a spoiler warning anyway for those who don't want to know.

Apparently, Andy has grown up and gone off to college and the toys are donated to a day care center.
aaah, this could be quite good. Really looking forward to it.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Well, The idea of making animated sequels never occurred to Disney, since they were too busy making the first movie of everything. And then the DTV movie market heated up, and it became a sequel-centric market. If you look at things now, Disney isn't the only one that does cheapquels, and it's no longer just animated movies. Look at how many sequels and spinoffs we're getting of the Eddie Murphy Doctor Doolittle alone.

But the faith I have in Pixar is pretty amazing. TS2 blew TS out of the water in scope and writing. I say a good sequel makes the first film look weaker by comparison... a bad sequel does the opposite. I always felt Empire Strikes Back was a more intense film than Star Wars that preceded it, and back to the Future 2 was a lot more exciting to watch than the first.

But then, with a lot of trilogies, the third movie always turns out to be the weakest... Shrek 3 was a pretty dull film compared to the other 2 (I blame the fact they absolutely had to recycle the Donkey and Puss share a caustic relationship jokes from Shrek 2)... BTTF 3 was pretty lame compared to the other 2 (though it had a nice ending)... SOmehow I don't think Pixar would make the film if they didn't absolutely think it was necessary (they aren't Dreamworks or Blue Sky after all ). Only thing that bugs me is that the next 2 Pixar films will be sequels.... Cars must have some marketing motive behind it, since they're STILL selling new Cars merchandise... especially since they cleared out all the Ratatouille merchandise before it hit DVD.
Yeah Ratatoille wasn't that good so it's not too surprising but my theory is that there's so many cars merchandise around is because no one wants to buy it! I personally out of any new pixar films have faith in wall-e, as soon as I watched it, I got mum to buy me figures of wall-e and evaaaaaa. (spelled eve):big_grin:
So a wall-e 2 would be great, I figured if it were possible in some way there could be a wall-e jr and an eve jr. And hopefully the humans have slimmed down since the previous film.:insatiable: Also I read that there IS a cars 2 and that mater and lightning go around the world. Speaking of tv movies, spin-offs etc, take a look at lelo and stitch!:eek:

Kiki

Reaction score
Can't see it. Great. -_- But I'm looking forward to it- I LOVE Toy Story! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So a wall-e 2 would be great, I figured if it were possible in some way there could be a wall-e jr and an eve jr.
Out of all the Pixar movies, I would actually hate to see them make Wall*E 2. The first one had such a powerful story behind it, and such an amazing message... and since everything rights itself at the end, a second film would take place after a happy ending with no conflict. Even if they do it right, I don't see a call for it.

Cars, yeah... though honestly, I would want the story to be years and years later... Doc Hudson has passed on long ago (as a tribute to Paul Newman), Lightning retires from racing, and Radiator Springs became a boom town... and Lightning has to coach a young new race car or something like that....

Fluffets

Reaction score
Out of all the Pixar movies, I would actually hate to see them make Wall*E 2. The first one had such a powerful story behind it, and such an amazing message... and since everything rights itself at the end, a second film would take place after a happy ending with no conflict. Even if they do it right, I don't see a call for it.

Cars, yeah... though honestly, I would want the story to be years and years later... Doc Hudson has passed on long ago (as a tribute to Paul Newman), Lightning retires from racing, and Radiator Springs became a boom town... and Lightning has to coach a young new race car or something like that....
Yeah that sounds good but then wouldn't it be the same as the first one but with different characters?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I saw the trailer in the theater with "Up" (which was very good though Wall*E is still my favorite) Should be fun. Though I wonder what they're going to do about Slinky Dog, who is seen in the trailer, since Jim Varney is no longer with us.

I had a vague idea for a Wall*E sequel. It basically started on the premise that the Axiom was not the only vessel humans left in so Wall*E and Eve go out as part of a mission to find the other ships and bring them back to Earth. That's as far as I got though.

It would be great if they finally release the Buzz Lightyear series on DVD. Especially if they include the few episodes that were for some reason removed from the syndication. I used to record the show when it was rerunning on Disney Channel and I believe I got all of them except I know there are at least three that they never reaired. If anyone's got these could you help me out?

Inside Job: First appearance of the Gargantua (who are actually only 6 inches tall)

Super Nova: Mira ghosts into a Crystallic Fusion Generator Core and becomes a glowing, supercharged, power-speed-junkie. she realizes that her need for "re-charging" is getting worse and worse and is beginning to take control of her life, but she manages to overcome her "energy addiction". Apparently this episode was banned due to it's hints of drug use, which is pretty stupid as it's obviously supposed to be one of those "very special" anti-drug episodes.

Revenge of the Monsters: A three way team up between NOS-4-A2, XL, and Wirewolf

I may be missing one or two others I'll have to go through my tapes. I know I have most of the episodes though.