eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Telly

Reaction score
I just checked with Bryan from eFX, and Reporter kermit will have his hat, and most likely his microphone if they can get the reference for it.While they havent put together a Kermit yet to confirm the height difference to the MR Kermit, they can see from the official pattern of kermit that the body is definately different from the MR kermit, which was suppose to be mirrored from the official pattern, so that alone is a reason to buy a better Kermit.:smile:
I always thought my MR Kermit looked a little...plump. Still love him though! :smile:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Like I said way back in Nov. Carroll Spinney said the MR poser looked better than the real deal. I can't imagine how the eFX will look! Cannot wait, but will patiently. OWE your insight is always enlightening.

KK

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Actually, the collar material is exactly what the real poser's is made from. It's felt. This has just been confirmed from eFX's recent viewing.

:stick_out_tongue:
I am truly shocked and hold my hands in the air for talking ****. I have yet to see an image of either the poser or the puppet where it looks like the same material! Thanks for the insight

Haha, it's amusing how people complain about all sorts of things on here! I look forward to seeing both Kermit and Rizzo being made. As I already have Kermit, I probably won't get another due to space and cost. Despite that, I will definitely be getting the others so am starting to save already! :smile:
When I'm spending £100's on a replica, I can ***** with the best of 'em - don't get me started on Gonzo's nose!:wink:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I am truly shocked and hold my hands in the air for talking ****. I have yet to see an image of either the poser or the puppet where it looks like the same material! Thanks for the insight

When I'm spending £100's on a replica, I can ***** with the best of 'em - don't get me started on Gonzo's nose!
Gonzo's nose isnt that bad:stick_out_tongue:, its one of those flaws that I only notice or remember when its bought up. I still think he looks fine to the naked eye. I really cannot wait to see how different kermit will be. If the clothes are not removable and/or sewen on, I wonder if they make a frill at all for kermit?
Hey how is the massive muppet pic coming along?

KyleGS

Reaction score
I'm no marketing genius, but another Kermit sounds like a bad idea. Especially if they are gauging the future of the line off of his performance. I love the muppets as much as anyone on here, but I seriously doubt I can be persuaded to spend my money on another Kermit. Would I like to? Yeah! But will I? Probably not. Stick to characters we haven't yet seen. I am excited about Rizzo. I would love to have a Fozzie. Don't know where I'd put him, but I'd love to have him! I'm greatfull that this company wants to improve on the kermit replica design, I just pray they understand that if they choose that path, the sales of a "doll" that has essentially already been sold, has been sold to the majority of the people that are willing to shell out this kind of money. I can't afford to "rebuy" a figure I've already bought. Now, it's it's something/someone different.....

rtgentry

Reaction score
I know its going to be awesome. Just wait. You will all want to buy it. You may even want to sell your mr replica version to fund this new one. Just wait!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermit always sells. The other Muppet characters sell best when a Kermit is available next to them. Kermit is always marketing gold...er green for the Muppets. Personally, if I held a Muppet license for anything, I'd make sure a Kermit was regularly available. A new Kermit poser is crucial to a new company purchasing the license. My two cents. :smile:

As a fan, I'd rather just have Scooter be the next poser. :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
kermit is DEFINITELY needed. he's pretty much the face of the muppets. if a 1st grader has heard of any muppet at all, it would be kermit. ya know what? when i go back to school in september, im gonna ask the little kids if they've heard of the muppets, and ask them to tell me a few. im sure most of them will get scared and tell their teacher, but whatever. no im rambling, sorry.

Telly

Reaction score
Jamie, you ALWAYS hit it right on the money. They're not JUST reselling Kermit. They're selling a whole NEW Kermit. New design & closer to the real thing! Not only is it a whole new Kermit, but kind of a "special edition" with being dressed as Reporter Kermit and all!

Know how else eFX could make a few extra bucks? Say they do make Fozzie. They could either totally re-sell Fozzie with his Press slip in his hat OR they could just sell a hat with the Press slip a few months after Fozzie's release! I also see this as a way to make their own Gonzo. Sticking with the Great Muppet Caper format, they could make their own Gonzo (fix the nose problem somehow) and dress him in his sweater vest outfit (complete with coat and camera). I'd be all for that

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jamie, you ALWAYS hit it right on the money. They're not JUST reselling Kermit. They're selling a whole NEW Kermit. New design & closer to the real thing! Not only is it a whole new Kermit, but kind of a "special edition" with being dressed as Reporter Kermit and all!

Know how else eFX could make a few extra bucks? Say they do make Fozzie. They could either totally re-sell Fozzie with his Press slip in his hat OR they could just sell a hat with the Press slip a few months after Fozzie's release! I also see this as a way to make their own Gonzo. Sticking with the Great Muppet Caper format, they could make their own Gonzo (fix the nose problem somehow) and dress him in his sweater vest outfit (complete with coat and camera). I'd be all for that
I was thinking the same thing. I'd buy another Gonzo somewhere down the line if he were 80s Reporter Gonzo. Just give us the Bear and the Pig first.

Here's a question for EFX is they're listening. What are the chances for a Dr. Teeth or Scooter down the line?