eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

FennShysa

Reaction score
It's EFX Collectibes - just announced today...

Here's the important bits from the announcement:
Upcoming pieces in development by eFX include:

• Full-size, highly detailed “Photo Puppets” of favorite Muppet characters, including Rizzo the Rat, Miss Piggy, and Pépe the King Prawn;

• An incredibly accurate, four-foot replica of Capt. Nemo’s Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which will offer features not incorporated in any previous model of this iconic submarine;

• Replicas and collectibles based on such classic Disney entertainment as Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Pinocchio.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Well, thats great news if it is, Its just a shame that MuppetPerson didnt make this announcement after all the hard work that he put in.

Chris

FennShysa

Reaction score
Here's the whole announcement:
Snow White-Inspired ‘Heart Box’ Is First in Collection
to Be Previewed at Comic-Con and D23 Expo

BURBANK, Calif. (June 9, 2009) – Bringing together the masterful storytelling of Disney with the renowned artistry of eFX Inc., an all-new line of limited-edition collectibles will be unveiled this September, inspired by some of Disney’s classic films and the comic antics of the Muppets.

These new collectibles extend the magic of Disney into pieces that recall the beauty and spectacle that is unique to Disney, beginning with a tribute to the “fairest of them all,u201D Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

eFX plans to preview several pieces from its new Disney collection during San Diego Comic-Con in July, and at Disney’s first-ever D23 Expo, Sept. 10 to Sept. 13 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

The premiere release in eFX’s new Disney line is the exquisitely designed “Heart Box,u201D inspired by the designs of the wicked Queen in Disney’s first full-length animated feature. Presented to the Huntsman, the Heart Box was intended to be used as proof of Snow White’s demise. As befits the coolly glamorous wicked Queen, eFX’s Heart Box is intricately constructed from solid hardwood and its opening features an imaginative 24-karat gold-plated heart that locks with a dagger.

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Heart Box meticulously recreates the design of the film’s original animation, with rich, vivid colors and the attention to detail and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of eFX.

The Heart Box sits on an ornate, museum-quality display base that features a sculpture of the wicked Queen by renowned artist David Kracov, with whom eFX has developed a successful, ongoing collaborative relationship. Pre-orders for the Heart Box will begin shortly after Comic-Con, at http://www.efxcollectibles.com. Each “Heart Box” will include an individually numbered plaque and will not exceed 500 pieces worldwide.

“We have long been Disney fans ourselves, so developing authentic, detailed collectibles is tremendously exciting for us,u201D said Bryan Ono, president of eFX Inc. “With inspiration from Disney films and characters, we look forward to extending the magic of Disney even further into the lives of collectors.”

Upcoming pieces in development by eFX include:

• Full-size, highly detailed “Photo Puppets” of favorite Muppet characters, including Rizzo the Rat, Miss Piggy, and Pépe the King Prawn;

• An incredibly accurate, four-foot replica of Capt. Nemo’s Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which will offer features not incorporated in any previous model of this iconic submarine;

• Replicas and collectibles based on such classic Disney entertainment as Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Pinocchio.

More details about eFX’s current and upcoming collectible pieces can be found at the eFX Inc. website, http://www.efxcollectibles.com.

# # #

John Singh
J2 Communications
http://www.j2comm.com

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Cheers Fennshysa, you've made my year! ! !

Rizzo...great - I'll take 2
Pépe...awesome - count me in for a couple
Piggy...PIGGY? ? ? ? ? - Where do I sign? ? ? ? ?

eFX

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First, I would like to apologize to MuppetPerson, since I know that he wanted to be the to make the announcement. We had promised him that he would be one of the first to get the press release. Unfortunately, we did not realize that when we started to send out the presss release, it was 2 AM in Australia! Once again, I apologize MuppetPerson!

We are proud to be the new licensee for the Muppets and Disney collectible replicas! As MuppetPerson had indicated previously, we are working diligently to have a couple samples ready to see at Comic Con.

We look forward to continuing the Poser line! And don't worry, Fozzie is not dead! He is on life support, but still breathing!

Thanks once again!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Cheers Fennshysa, you've made my year! ! !

Rizzo...great - I'll take 2
Pépe...awesome - count me in for a couple
Piggy...PIGGY? ? ? ? ? - Where do I sign? ? ? ? ?
Yeah... my thoughts almost exactly. I haven't gotten Animal and don't plan to, but I can honestly say that I WILL be getting ALL three of these.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Yeah... my thoughts almost exactly. I haven't gotten Animal and don't plan to, but I can honestly say that I WILL be getting ALL three of these.

Dude you are missing out if you dont get animal!:halo:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I haven't gotten Animal and don't plan to, but I can honestly say that I WILL be getting ALL three of these.
I have got to say you REALLY need to get Animal and before his price goes up, which it inevitably will. Although, not my favourite character, he is my favourite poser. I have never seen a photo do the poser justice - he really is phenomenal!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This makes sense. I still hope for Fozzie, but I'm glad to have Piggy and the prawn. And Rizzo too. All three have the potential to be great and make the collection I have seem a little more full. Now I've got to go on a heist or sell some blood. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I have got to say you REALLY need to get Animal and before his price goes up, which it inevitably will. Although, not my favourite character, he is my favourite poser. I have never seen a photo do the poser justice - he really is phenomenal!
Huh. Really? I'm very surprised by that--like you said, I've never seen any pictures that really do it for me. Hmm... well perhaps now I'll seriously look into him. Maybe I could swing that as a graduation present. :halo: