1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Miss Piggy

74 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Fozzie Bear

144 vote(s)
    47.8%

1. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

That I can agree with.
  2. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Yeah, it's probably the closest, but it's still pretty off in my opinion. The eye/nose/mouth positioning were a bit off and that threw the whole look for me - it was a very good representation of the illustrated Fozzie, not such a great copy of the puppet.
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am going to create a list based off of your list.

1. Fozzie
    2. Piggy
    3. Rizzo
    4. Beeker
    5. Bunsen
    6. Scooter
    7. Rowlf
    8. Sam
    9. Robin
    10. Pepe
    11. Zoot
    12. Janice
    13. Floyd
    14. Teeth
    15/16. Statler and Waldorf
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i think people are jumping the gun a bit. Great news about the line being taken over by eFX (as many people had guessed and new) and good luck to them but they will have exactly the same problems as Master Replicas - it will be whatever marketing and promotion they do that may help them continue on - its crucial to attract new collectors. I think starting with a small one like Rizzo is a great idea, and i support doing another Kermit varient because new collectors will need him.

I think doing Piggy is going to be line suicide. She is fairly popular as a collectable to women - but they are usually doll collectors like the ones being advertised on the forum, or clothes or accessories. I doubt many people besides a few hardcore fans here will buy into a $500+ lifesize plush pig! They wouldn't buy into a $10 action figure even!

I would hope they'll get Fozzie out before her or Pepe. Everyone has been waiting for him, we've seen how great he can be. He would also be great following a Reporter Kermit so people have the pair!
  5. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Well, this is great news! I am pleased they are making Pepe and Rizzo, as most have said I would prefer Fozzie before the pig but I will buy whatever gets made. I still think that Scooter needs to be made! Now who is hoping we get something b4 the end of the yr!
  6. I have to admit, I'm not too sure why there has to be instant negativity from some forum members. I, for one, am excited that the replica range will be started up again and look forward to seeing what eFX has to offer. The news has seriously made my year!
  7. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I'm so excited I almost peed my pants!
  8. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Too much negativety, and the usual boring old arguement about Miss Piggy's collectibility, if you dont like her, dont buy her, but let the people who do like her enjoy this news, I for one cant wait to have a life size Piggy in my home.

Just a thought, does any one in the UK know if efx has a UK distributor or if any UK online stores sell there stuff?

Chris
  9. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I am totally excited, words are hard to explain the feelings I'm having. I can NOT wait for Piggy, or Pepe and I would buy another kermit if he came out. I am not such a huge fan of rizzo, but will be purchasing him the first day he is out. I can NOT wait to see some ophoto samples as the rumor has it during San diego comic con! :shifty::mad::rolleyes:

thank you eFX for continuing such an important line of pop culture.
  10. Agree with you completely Chris. Also, I'll let you know if I find a UK supplier!

I'm not a big Pepe fan but I have to admit he would be a nice poser to own. I think Rizzo will be good but he isn't all that expressive and I'm wondering how much posability he will have. I hope he comes with his personalized jacket!
  11. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Those things were personal opinions. I love kermit. Whether he is 100% or 99.99 or 99.14% correct. HE is awesome to have. As well as gonzo and especially Animal.
  12. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Ive PMd them asking, here is hoping!
    I agree about the same boring arguement being raised but it is a fact. BUT as you said dont buy her! I am thinking that once she is released the haters will get her, once they see pics of her with Kermit.
    I am really looking forward to getting Pepe and Rizzo more than the pig but still cant wait to get all 3. My wife is not amussed that the line is carrying on, she was kinda glad it stopped after Gonzo came out.......
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

... even if it sells zilch and knocks out the entire line! :o

Its not being negative and a boring old argument - its just a factually proven thing - even Palisades said it, and said they had been told it by Henson.

I'm very happy about this announcement, and i'd love the line to continue on for years onto characters like Scooter. Thats the reason why i made the comment on Piggy, so many other licensees see her in the main 5 in the developer guides and fall into the same old Miss Piggy trap - then come out and say no more stuff cos the fans didn't buy it. It's a forum, if you don't like peoples comments, don't read.

:insatiable:
  14. I'm super excited that the line is continuing, but not too excited about the line they're releasing...I was really hoping for Fozzie!
  15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Another member mentioned Scooter. YAYAH ! I think we should resurrect the "make Scooter" Thread.
  16. It isn't just about that, it's about the whole negative vibe that always surrounds these kind of situations. eFX has only just announced the news they will be continuing the line and already people are ready to jump in and say they won't be successful.

Let's see what eFX have to offer and then give as helpful advice as we can to them. Hopefully they will provide us with updates and photos of work in progress as they arise.
  17. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

One thing is for sure that if she is a bloody good replica then EFX will be one of the 1st companies to produce a great Piggy, I for one hope they pull her off.
  18. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

This thread is pulling in a lot of visitors now, 102 viewing!
  19. There is no real reason they shouldn't but let's not forget that Piggy has had many changes and face-lifts over the years so not everybody will be 100% pleased with the final result, however she looks.
  20. What a great attitude to have. Almost reminds me of being back at school.