1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Miss Piggy

77 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Fozzie Bear

146 vote(s)
    47.7%

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I hope Rizzo is made first, prefereably in his modern "Muppets From Space" outfit!

I don't know if I'll buy Piggy or not, she's not one of my favorites >_>
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

I don't think theres a general negative vibe, but obviously people know what happened with Master Replicas so are wary. I try for a balance between realist and fan myself. I think marketed right, with the right balance between accuracy and price point these could be hugely successful.

I do think the line-up would be way better subsituting Fozzie for Piggy though. They would be the two higher price ones and Fozzie is the one people have been buillding up for, just look at the poll.
  3. Apparently, Rizzo should be the first off the line from eFX. Here's hoping we won't be left naked!
  4. I agree completely but maybe, with the problems that have already been faced with Fozzie, they have better ideas for the pig. I am still curious to see how the Fozzie prototypes from China look. How bad could they be? :o
  5. Barbarella

Barbarella New Member

I am excited about Miss Piggy! If I can afford it, I am sure as heck going to buy it! My ultimate dream though would be Janice. But I think Piggy would be awesome- as long as she is the later Muppet Show Version, and not the early version, or the Muppets take manhattan version- or any later one. I'm sure I'd still want her, but I love "classic" Piggy. And Pepe! Love him!
  6. That's partly my point about Piggy. Some fans consider the TMTM or later being the "classic" Piggy where I think she was best during season three of TMS.
  7. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Hey as long as she does not have brown hair then Ill be happy.
    I would like her to look a bit like the Piggy pictured above the guide tab, what do u think
  8. That wouldn't be a bad look but I remember her best with longer, almost mousey coloured hair. There is a great photo in one of the annuals where she is wearing her signature purple dress and gloves.
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Thats partly the problem with her like you say, one person likes one version, one person likes another version. And then you get the "cool" collectors who don't have the same level of Piggy fan'ishness as we get here who just won't buy a girl/pig.

It may well have something to do with how hard it sounded like Fozzie was to make in China - though he is just a bear when it comes down to it. I would have thought the Pig and Pepe would be more complex.
  10. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

So maybe they EFX should pick a poser that has not changed much....SCOOTER.......sorry but I couldnt resist!LOL
    I think the Muppet show annual made in 79 has a great Piggy on the front cover. The only Pig I am not liking is the current one.
  11. rizzothechef

rizzothechef New Member

Bring it on!

Being from Northern Ireland, I am finding it extremely difficult to get hold of the photo replicas. So far I have only managed to get the hold of Kermit (which i totally love). Noone from the states will ship to the UK. As Rizzo is my favourite character, I really hope that he is next out, however I am such a fan of TMS that I don't really care much as long as they don't stop after a couple of characters! I collected all the palisades figures and was really annoyed when they stopped production... surely some company could have taken on the rest of the project?

Your thoughts please...
    :shifty:
  12. Muppets Mad

Muppets Mad New Member

Hi there,

I havnt been on this site since january as i was just gutted about fozzie bear, and now i see that there is hope for the muppet replicas to be carried on! im so excited!

Could anyone fill me in on whats been going on?:)

Is miss piggy being made next? i will buy any that come out as long as they are as good quality as the other three!

Please let me know many thanks sam x:excited:
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Time to restart the we need Scooter campaign! ;)
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, I didn't really jump on these... not so much for the money, but I would have nowhere to put them without ruining them. But I would definitely leap at the chance to get a Pepe... or even Rizzo.
  15. miss piggy fan

miss piggy fan New Member

miss piggy

i love miss piggy she is my favorite muppet hello miss piggy miss piggy fan kelly brester:mad:
  16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Mmm, Kind of a contradiction in itself, It is a forum so I am allowed to put my thoughts as much as anyone, Im not having a go at anyone, like said above I think we should just wait and see. A Replica Miss Piggy of high price cannot be compared to the sales figures of $10 toys, its a totally different item and target audience!

Chris
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok as I'm reading this thread I keep seeing an ad for a Miss Piggy sideshow replica. Is this the same thing that is comming out?
  18. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

awesome! im so excited! when are they coming?
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

No, that's completely different Dwayne'o. The Sideshow Piggy is like a statue/doll-ish thing. This will be a full-fledged photo puppet, to scale, like Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal.
  20. fizzywig

fizzywig New Member

Exciting

:mad::flirt:that is so exciting Miss Piggy is my all time favourite I own so many different collectibles from Franklin Mint millenium Miss Piggy to two of the Tonner Dolls as well as a really old 70s Bendy Miss Piggy. I hope these new replicas are as good as the last 3 i already have Kermit Gonzo & Animal and hopefully one day we will get Electric Mayhem Replicas Janice, Doctor Teeth Floyd & Zoot that would be cool.