1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Miss Piggy

77 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Fozzie Bear

146 vote(s)
    47.7%

1. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

since Disney is providing them with them materials to make the posers. That will be a good thing.
  2. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Although none of this is carved in stone yet, the first one is supposed to be Rizzo. The prototype is being built right now. The plan is to do Reporter, or Great Muppet Caper Kermit second. Then Piggy POSSIBLY third.

Like I said, none of this is definite beyond Rizzo actually being built.

:p
  3. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I *MIGHT* go for the Pig. Beyond that I'm not interested until Fozzie is slated for release. Really disappointed that such a key character has been shelved yet again - there are absolutely no good representations of him at all out there (Palisades stuff included). Rizzo and Pepe will be incredibly easy for me to pass on.
  4. goldengonzo

goldengonzo Member

Uh, Piggy third? If she stinks up the joint and we don't get a Pepe, I am going to lose it!
  5. zns

zns Active Member

I wanna get Gonzo and Animal first before I get anything else. :concern::halo:
  6. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Miss Piggy will be my first purchase or pepe who ever comes first of the two LOL i can not WAIT . WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT LINE I AM STARTING TO SAVE MY MONEY NOW ! Any news on realease dates and who will come first in the series .:)
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Really? Palisades' tux Fozzie didn't come out right, but series two's was very good and made as # 38 on Toy Fare's list of top 100 toys of the decade and I agree. It wasn't perfect but it was quite good. :o

I do hope they make a poser of him. I'm a bit saddened by that too.
  8. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

LOL sorry i saw this after i put my post about realease dates and who was first , ok if rizzeo is the first well i he is one on my list to want very much . I will buy him even though it does not seem that Piggy and Kermit are first LOL :)
  9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Reporter kermit? maybe we need a poll on that. WHo will actuall buy another kermit poser that already has the original, just to get the outfit. Seriously we need need a poll!

Cause if Kermit blows it we are without pig.:mad:
  10. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'd totally be down for another Kermit poser!
  11. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I still haven't picked up the Animal poser--not sure how much cash I can swing to pick all of them up. But this is a neat line-up. I would do bad things to get a Pepe poser.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Did I miss or are they not still going to go ahead with Fozzie? I am confused.
  13. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

They don't even look that good though... they look worse than the robotic ones they put on bicycles or their photo shoots. I still might get the Kermit one though.

What about Rowlf, Scooter, Floyd, Dr. Teeth or Lew Zealand? Produce those and I might check 'em out.
  14. goldengonzo

goldengonzo Member

I think Rizzo is... ok, to start with. But, I must state, in no uncertain terms, if this line fizzles out before we get a Pepe after his name appeared in the press release, I will be devastated!

I just think Piggy is going to be too big and expensive to sell well.
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I think they are trying to focus on what will apeal to the masses and may have plans on releasing some of those other Muppets in the future.
  16. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Can I say it? Folks, Can I say it? Can I say it finally, Once again folks! Yeaaaaaaaaah

BRING ON DA BEAR!

This is great news. As someone who never lost faith in this line, or in the fact that someone would pick the ball back up.

By the way since the last time I posted I finally picked up Gonzo. I do like him but he's just not my favorite Muppet. Don't mind the eyelids. I found a Small piece of (wait for it, and don't laugh... wait for it) the center of a Q-tip shoved under the eyelid lip, makes them completely, COMPLETELY and independently pose-able. My pupils aren't so bad, as I've seen on others. Plus, I don't know how but he's #0191 !

So as far as eFX, congrats to them. I wish them luck.

On the issue of Rizzo. Talk about the Kathy Griffin of Muppets! Pepe, good choice, and I'm not a fan of his. But good choice for the masses. Piggy, great choice. I also am concerned with what they may do with her. What direction they will approach the project. But I do have faith in them. I personally would like to see her as she appears nowadays with her clothing representing a touch of classic Piggy?

I would buy a new Kermit if they fixed the manufacturing issues of the previous. I do LOVE Frog of my heart, but his neck length, collar and the lack of a sharp point to his upper and lower lips bothers me.

I will be happy with whatever we get, and will purchase as many or few as long as they retain the high standards for what we're expecting, and everything I've heard about eFX will deliver that.

KK
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I did not realize there were so many problems with the Kermit replica? Are there any other problems I should know before spending such a considerable amount of money?
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My personal ordered wish list:
    (Not to be confused with the actual real list)
    1 Scooter
    2 Fozzie
    3 Piggy
    4 Pepe
    5 Teeth
    6 Rowlf
    7 Janice
    8 Zoot
    9 Sam
    10 Robin
    11 Floyd
    12/13 Bunsen/Beaker
    14/15 Statler/Waldorf

That's my list. I'd dig an Uncle Deadly, but if Scooter isn't likely then Deadly will never happen.
  19. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Please don't missunderstand my comments. Kermit is and will always be my prized possession. Like if the house was on fire what would you run back inside for.... ? The Kermit replica is well worth the money, even if the market brings it up to $300. My comments concerning Kermit were VERY nitpicky. I absolutely love my frog. :) I just want near-perfection.

KK
  20. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

It's mildly comforting to hear Fozzie hasn't been completely dismissed, and very disturbing to hear that he's so far off as to be considered on life support. You'll probably have my support with Miss Piggy. But for anything else, you'll need to offer Fozzie.