eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. We're not entitled to anything, of course. EFX doesn't have to do anything differently, but they really should.

We haven't heard any firm news from them since they posted the Rizzo pictures last fall. If this product isn't happening I'd like to invest that savings in other things.

I hope all is going well with them. We need more collectible companies that create wonderful items. I just never get a great feeling about them. They really are the only ones who can change that perception and should consider personally reaching out more to their fan base or finding someone to do it on an official capacity.

dmoss

Reaction score
Well-said, Jamie. I agree that they need someone in their corner who's familiar with Public Relations or something, as this has been a PR nightmare, it seems. If they found that there wasn't enough interest to make it worthwhile creating Rizzo, that's cool, but maybe they should let someone know if the line's been canceled. :embarrassed:

Muppet&Fraggles

Reaction score
so i spoke with eFX today... they are still planning on producing Muppet replicas, starting with rizzo, but the release date is not certain yet... it is just taking extra time to match up the fur, but rizzo will still be produced! :wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
so i spoke with eFX today... they are still planning on producing Muppet replicas, starting with rizzo, but the release date is not certain yet... it is just taking extra time to match up the fur, but rizzo will still be produced! :wink:

.......and they are still waiting for Disney as well!

muppetperson

Reaction score
STILL looking for fur! Not certain of a release date!(FIVE months AFTER it was suppose to pre order)Time and time again we are given dates of pre order, which pass with no communication of why.We seem to be going around in circles.I give up.:batty:

Bear Man

Reaction score
So after extended and continual delays, eFX will (might) finally release a second-tier character. There's absolutely no way they'll be able to regain whatever momentum and excitement they might have had from the announcement in order to be able to push through to the next character (which, if I understand correctly, is a non-signature version of a rehashed release. Hardly exciting).

There was so much enthusiasm about Fozzie, and the amount of fur required would - ironically - be easier to source than Rizzo, since there would be enough required to justify having it custom made by someone like National Fiber Technology. They could have squeezed maybe 3 or 4 releases out before the line went under, whereas starting with Rizzo I'll be surprised if they get more than 2.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
The lack of news and info does not boed well. Even MR has a little more info for us than EFX, I am assuming the line is KO'd until I hear other wise. I had saved for Rizzo Fozzie and Piggy, now Im gonna use this money for a new TV.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nonetheless...

I know we're not entitled to anything, but I still feel like customers should be treated a little better - especially in this delicate market.

I believe in the EFX mission to give fans such great collectibles as Rizzo; however such a market is fickle. Please, for the love of frog keep your customers better updated. I know it's a small company, but it ain’t that hard to shoot out an official mass email and keep us updated even on the lack of news. Disappearing from view for so long and providing so many premature "coming soon" encouragements has continually caused a lack of confidence in this collector. Please just shoot straight with us. We can take it. I want a Rizzo. I really do. But I feel like my chain's been yanked too many times. It's no wonder that even the mention of the EFX company these days makes us all so touchy.

In other words: EFX – please post something, anything, on your site or on a forum somewhere yourselves so we know what the frog is happening. Thanks. - a potential customer :shifty:

luther962

Reaction score
I have really given up on this line. I was looking forward to the new full size Kermit and Fozzie, but in this economy and as another poster commented, there is a definent loss of momentum.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've contacted them via their website. Here's the message I sent:

"Greetings! I'm James, the staff graphic designer for fan site Muppet Central, freelance artist (formerly with Palisades’s line of toys among other companies) and I currently manage Action Figure Freddy, a collectibles toy shop in San Francisco. I'm wondering about the state of the Muppet posers since eFX Inc. took over for Master Replicas' wonderful series.

I understand the demands in bringing these art pieces to market can be remarkably challenging, but I've lost much enthusiasm for the Muppet posers lately due to lack of follow through in updates and the recent silence. I'd really like to promote you guys in every way at my disposal to help get this line started and keep it going strong! My MR posers will be displayed in the store and if I'm able to purchase your Rizzo, he will join them!

Fans aren’t entitled to every bit of information, but I’m just hoping for some straight-shooting updates, good or bad, concerning the state of things in order to build some good faith and confidence in eFX Collectibles. Is there any way you can announce such things to fans in an official capacity?

Hope all is going well! Thanks for your time and consideration!
-james"

We'll see what happens.