Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok I hope I'm not being rude or anything but are there any clips of this Artie performing kermit so I can see and judge for myself?
I was thinking lately Kermit was sounding allot more like Jim's Kermit I have to wonder if it's Steve getting even better or if it's this new guy.
Sorry I didn't read through all 26 pages to look for links, so if anyone could be so kind to point me in the direction of some videos it'd be greatly apricated.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Ok I hope I'm not being rude or anything but are there any clips of this Artie performing kermit so I can see and judge for myself?
I was thinking lately Kermit was sounding allot more like Jim's Kermit I have to wonder if it's Steve getting even better or if it's this new guy.
Sorry I didn't read through all 26 pages to look for links, so if anyone could be so kind to point me in the direction of some videos it'd be greatly apricated.
Artie preformed Kermit in this clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd4gjIJ9Bc. I personaly am happy that Steve is back.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Artie preformed Kermit in this clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd4gjIJ9Bc. I personaly am happy that Steve is back.
Thank you I think the person performing Kermit isn't that bad and with allot of practice could be something really great.
The audio quality is also bad so I don't think that helps much but thats rather a cute clip and sad since Gaga said Kermit was wearing an Alexander Mcqueen tux, he recently took his own life.:sympathy:

Neil565

Reaction score
Could it also have been possible that he was filming dialogue for Fraggle Rock: The Movie? That production has been rather quiet as of late...

edit - anyone have a better audio quality of Artie as Kermit? All I remember is that he sounded so much like Jim Henson, I had to really listen close.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Could it also have been possible that he was filming dialogue for Fraggle Rock: The Movie? That production has been rather quiet as of late...
Fraggle Rock isn't even close to production yet, unfortunately... And Steve has explained that it was Disney testing out new blood without his approval. But as he also said, it's in the past and it's behind us now. He's moved on and the rest of us should to.

Mupp

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock isn't even close to production yet, unfortunately... And Steve has explained that it was Disney testing out new blood without his approval. But as he also said, it's in the past and it's behind us now. He's moved on and the rest of us should to.
Exactly. :smile:

I was especially glad that Steve confirmed that "nobody's mad at each other"

By the way; here is a link to that podcast interview just in case some haven't heard about it yet;
http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/archives/489

And yes, it is unfortunate that the Fraggle Rock film isn't anywhere close to production.
But I hope that all this time means that they are making sure that the script is good.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I enjoyed that podcast allot!
So what episode of America's got talent is Steve talking about that he wasn't kermit in?
I'd like to see it as I've missed allot of things recently.

Mupp

Reaction score
I enjoyed that podcast allot!
So what episode of America's got talent is Steve talking about that he wasn't kermit in?
I'd like to see it as I've missed allot of things recently.
It was an episode from early last year...I think that it was one the season finales. Kermit and Piggy sang "Don't Go Breaking my Heart" with chickens backing them up as dancers. The clip was available on youtube for a while, but its gone now.

I saw it live on tv when it happened.

Since I registered here, I have not mentioned my thoughts on it yet;
To be honest, I was more fascinated by it than anything else.
I figured that it was an experiment (now of course confirmed) and I figured that Steve would be back at some point.

I'm really glad that Steve is back. I'm also glad that Steve explained things.
Although I thought that Artie gave a decent vocal performance.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It was an episode from early last year...I think that it was one the season finales. Kermit and Piggy sang "Don't Go Breaking my Heart" with chickens backing them up as dancers. The clip was available on youtube for a while, but its gone now.

I saw it live on tv when it happened.

Since I registered here, I have not mentioned my thoughts on it yet;
To be honest, I was more fascinated by it than anything else.
I figured that it was an experiment (now of course confirmed) and I figured that Steve would be back at some point.

I'm really glad that Steve is back. I'm also glad that Steve explained things.
Although I thought that Artie gave a decent vocal performance.
Ah I found it oddly enough on perez hiltons site lol
http://perezhilton.com/tv/index.php?ptvid=753785f646057
Yeah I thought this other person did a decent job but he goes out of a character a few times but I have to say he almost gets a jim kermit voice so much when he gets it right it's scary!:scary:
I'm not saying this as anythign against steve as he's really grown on me as kermit but I do still wish he'd stop going yeah yeah yeah mmhmm when he behind the frog it, it's what really bugs me but he hasn't been doing so much lately lol:smile:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I found out Artie is a member here. So, Artie, if you're reading this, can you please conferm if you preformed Kermit and what happened with Steve? I'm not trying to be mean. I think you do a decent Kermit.
I found out that Artie is a member of Muppet Wiki, and he actually was the one who said he preformed Kermit on America's Got Talent and the VMAs. So Artie, if you're reading this, I'm sorry if we caused you any trouble. We do respect you, we just didn't like that you preformed someone else's character while he was still alive and not retired. So once again, I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.