1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hey gang. As most of you should know, Steve Whitmire has been missing as Kermit in recent Muppet appearances. I don't know about you... but I want to know WHY.

I've started this petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stevewhitmire/) to get information from The Muppets Studio. Please sign it if you're concerned about the lack of Steve, and the future of the Muppets.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Cues up the MUP3 of Looking For Kermit from TMTM. So yeah, should I send that to ju Mr. Prawn, since ju seem to know all abouts this fancy computers okay.
    If only these computers could help me find a good hot womans. rolleyes
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey Ryan, maybe you oughta call or email the Muppet studios press people and ask them .. you might not need the petition. Just tell them you write a Muppet blog and people are asking. Take care dude!
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Thanks Luke, I think that's a good idea. I've got a number for Disney, I guess I'll try calling tomorrow.
  5. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I signed:). I dont really dont care about what decision disney makes. Its their company now. I am just more concerned for Steve and what happened to him.
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Mosies down to Pete's to get some good home cooking, cooked by rats. Heh, another instance where Jim's ideas got turned into a Pixar movie. ;)
  7. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I think it's a great idea, anything where the fans can show support. Answers, all we want are just some answers!
  8. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

you are totally right
  9. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

If anyone has any difficulty calling long distance to DISNEY - or to any OTHER
    national company regarding the whereabouts of Steve Whitmire, let me know
    any or all of such phone number(s) via my e-mail - and I will get to the very bottom of this:

geepers@gmail.com

Thank you all!
    :)
  10. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This Artie stuff has to stop. One Kermit one voice. That's it.
  12. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

frogboy4, you're RIGHT ON here!

'IF' Whitmire has now officially QUIT doing Kermie,
    there should have been a press release about it...
    ..and FURTHERMORE, it would be a desecration of
    Jim Henson's legacy - AND memory - to even do so...!

I have Twittered and Facebooked: 'The Jim Henson Company'
    for some, if any - feedback...should hear from them by this Monday or Tuesday
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You MUST be kidding me. Artie wasn't a one-time thing?
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

this is all ive been wondering, personally if Steve feels he wants to hand kermit to someone he see's potential in fine, but i feel with the hush hush about it, thats not the case

i get a bad feeling that they are trying to trick us
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Without hurting the guy's feelings (I feel really bad for him now), I just wanna know the situation with Steve. And as for Artie... let's say something does happen and Steve can no longer perform Kermit... well, all I can say is keep practicing... you'll get there. And in the mean time, I hope he gets a character of his very own when the Muppets have solid project footing.
  16. ChellisPal

ChellisPal Member

Has anyone else tred to contact Disney?
    interesting stuff..... I just tried calling the Muppets Studio at Disney and asked about Steve Whitmire...the woman who answered the phone just said multiple times she was not able to comment about it and could not say if there was an announcement going to be made to the public

I hope all is well, I met Steve a few years ago and he was a really nice and genuine guy.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I signed. No offense to Artie personally, but his Kermit is stiff and void of charisma. Bring Steve back. This New Kermit is like New Coke -it's terrible and best forgotten before damage is done to the brand.
  18. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

that doesnt make me feel any better
  19. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I sent an email and am waiting to see if I get a response.
  20. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

By the way, Artie Esposito is a member here at Muppet central.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.