R.I.P.: Alaina Reed Hall

Reaction score
Since I'm only 20, she was well before my Sesame Street viewing days, but she was a part of something very wonderful. I was not personally familiar with her or her work, but my heart goes out to her family, friends and fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is pretty sad news, and I just found out about this at the moment. I don't usually look around this part of the Forum, and I found out about it through another post.

Growing up with the 80's version of the show, Olivia's role was very big. It's a shame she never got the chance to return to SS, even for a cameo. She was one of my favorite humans... but then again, I'm hard-pressed to find a human character I didn't like. I really do miss her as one of the biggest singing voices, especially in that era.

I remember being pretty upset when I found out David's actor died when I was younger. That was a rough one too. I wonder if SS is going to address this in some way, dedicating an episode to her or something. It must be heartbreaking for the cast members that knew her and worked with her.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Now I'm finally seeing some news stories on this. Here's a nice piece from the LA Times and another from eCanadaNow
and one from Monsters and Critics
(I have no idea what that last site is, but I did think, given the name, it's appropriate that it's covering Sesame Street news.)

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi guys:cry:

It's so sad that she's gone, and I find out on my dang birthday too. She was my favorite besides David, and now both are gone. And, to make matters worse, my cat Lucy died yesterday. It's just a sad time. What a drag!

There's so much fun stuff I do remember about Olivia though. I remember all her songs....her work at Birdland....the sweet way she loved kids....her photography. And how she always loved Gordon, even if she was her big bro and sometimes got on her nerves. I'm glad I have classic sesame street to watch, so I can still see her.

Well anyhow, talk to ya later.

your dear friend,
Kitt
Very sorry to hear about your cat. Our first cat that we've had for 16 years passed away earlier this year and it has not been the same around the house without him. My condolences to you and your family.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
That is pretty sad news, and I just found out about this at the moment. I don't usually look around this part of the Forum, and I found out about it through another post.

Growing up with the 80's version of the show, Olivia's role was very big. It's a shame she never got the chance to return to SS, even for a cameo. She was one of my favorite humans... but then again, I'm hard-pressed to find a human character I didn't like. I really do miss her as one of the biggest singing voices, especially in that era.

I remember being pretty upset when I found out David's actor died when I was younger. That was a rough one too. I wonder if SS is going to address this in some way, dedicating an episode to her or something. It must be heartbreaking for the cast members that knew her and worked with her.
I remember seeing her in Follow that Bird and her musical moment with Big Bird and Snuffy. :wisdom:

I find it odd that there is no mention of her death on the SS website at all. :frown:

wemblingalong

Reaction score
All I could hear is her singing True Blue Miracle from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street in my head when I heard the news! Such a beautiful voice! So very, very sad! She will be missed!

Xerus

Reaction score
I too remember Alaina's wonderful performances as Olivia. The way she sings pretty songs, has her camera ready to take photographs, and the relationship she had with her brother Gordon. May you R.I.P. Alaina. :cry:

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I just found out not to long ago. I'm pretty shocked. I've always liked her.

May she rest in peace.