TV Alert: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christrmas reairs December 20

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Sunday, "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas" reairs on WGN at 6 pm eastern/5 pm central. A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Extended DVD is also available.

Since this special originally aired in December 2002, if you have seen the special before, post your thoughts on the repeat viewing. One of the true tests of a Muppet production is how well it ages year-after-year. Was it better or worse after repeat viewings? Let us know.

Likewise, if this is the first time you've seen the special, we'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Tv Alert: Denmark

"A Very Merry Muppet Christmas" can also be seen on Danish TV DR1 December 23 at 15:50.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
How come people will respond here, but no one responded when I mentioned the airing of MTM in the Northeast PA region?

:concern: I feel so invisible tonight.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wha-wha-WHA? Did i miss something? "Extended dvd"? Did we get a new release of VMX under the radar? MWOO & LTS were "extended" since they included scenes cut for time included within the main film. But as far as i know, all dvd releases of VMX has the same version that has always appeared on tv but with some additional scenes as bonus features. (Or is this just "advertiser lingo" that doesn't actually mean anything - like they can call it "extended" because we can see the closing credit sequence?)

How come people will respond here, but no one responded when I mentioned the airing of MTM in the Northeast PA region?
Probably because WGN can be seen nationally and the news affects more people where the only people who were most likely to respond to MTM would have been those in the NE PA area.

Alvin

Reaction score
PERSONALLY...I Like a Very, Very Muppet Christmas better than Letters To Santa. I have been doing my own preparations for Christmas with my own group of Muppet Puppets...and I have watched it over and over again since October...and to me...even the storyline and the plot is better than LTS. However, anything the Muppets do is fine by me...just stating my opinion.:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wha-wha-WHA? Did i miss something? "Extended dvd"? Did we get a new release of VMX under the radar? MWOO & LTS were "extended" since they included scenes cut for time included within the main film.
No, it's the same DVD we've always had with the bonus scenes. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my original post.

Sidebar... I still wish A Very Merry Muppet Christmas was released in widescreen since we know it was filmed in 16:9.

APRena

Reaction score
Darn! There's a hockey game on WGN at six here. :frown: I have it on DVD, but somehow it's more special to see on TV. It's like a surprise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow - i'm actually finding myself enjoying watching VMX more now than i did when it first aired - despite criticisms about pop-culture jokes dating it, the film holds up very well seven years later. Really glad to see it back among the holiday programming.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I love this movie! I don't want to hear about how some of the jokes are "dated" because there are some jokes in the older Muppet movies that go over my head and, thus, are dated =P

But yeah I watched this on DVD the other day and it really is a great movie. Eric Jacobson is great as Fozzie, Piggy, and Animal and I LOVE Bill Baretta's take on Lew Zealand. Brian Henson was good as Scooter, and even though the voice (obviously) didn't match Richard's, it worked for the character.

Love that Johnny and Sal are in this, I miss them =(

And I love the Kermit-less world. Scooter cage dancing should show us JUST how important Kermit is.

Pepe is hilarious in this as usual.