Worst commercial on TV today?

SillyRed

Reaction score
The Quiznos $5 $4 $3 commercial is stupid. That cat cannot sing. He could hurt anybody's ears.

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
The charter "2 more years" one corny, cheesey, and a bit gross at the end....

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I haven't seen Ol' Smilin' Bob lately, so I guess ...

Metro PCS. I've rarely had Indian-sounding tech support guys on the phone, but my brother seems to attract them to his phone, LOL. Still racist, though. I'm surprised people haven't griped about it yet (in the news).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Metro PCS. I've rarely had Indian-sounding tech support guys on the phone, but my brother seems to attract them to his phone, LOL. Still racist, though. I'm surprised people haven't griped about it yet (in the news).
I've said it before... it's apparently okay to make fun of Indians now. And I already mentioned it in this thread. Now, there is one ethnic anti-defamation group (I'm not naming names so I don't offend anyone) that even I find completely and utterly uppity to the point where they'll kick down your door if you even attempt to try a respectful accent. Now, if it was one of them they made a completely racist commercial about, we'd NEVER see that commercial after the first and only airing. But the Indians! Ha ha ha! They're buffoons and we're angry that greedy American businessmen send our jobs over there. Let's laugh out of fear. :mad:

In fact, there was a case, and I'm NOT going to bring it up, because again, i don't want to name names... there was a commercial that wasn't completely sensitive, and another commercial that had buffoonish fake Apu from the Simpsons style Indian accents. One got pulled after one airing, the Indian one did not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to double post, but there's something I hate a LOT more.

Those annoying E-Trade commercials with the talking Babies. I mean, I'll spare you the deep subcontext stuff (I hate the idea of Wall Street investing marketed to stoners, though... :attitude: ) but who thought these were funny? Who did? They aren't. Baby Bob of Quiznos (and his lousy TV show) wasn't funny, and this is a LOT less funny. I hate commercials that look like Youtube videos. I don't even like Youtube videos like that.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
The commercials that start out asking..'Have you, are you, have you been, is your?'

For example: Is your computer running slow..Have you or your loved one...Have you been in an accident...Do you have the (fill in blank disease) as a result of taking the drug....Have you tried to learn a new language... On and on rhetorical questionable commercials all day long, repeated over and over... :grouchy:

Commercials for infomercial products that do not work.:boo:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
The commercials that start out asking..'Have you, are you, have you been, is your?'

For example: Is your computer running slow..Have you or your loved one...Have you been in an accident...Do you have the (fill in blank disease) as a result of taking the drug....Have you tried to learn a new language... On and on rhetorical questionable commercials all day long, repeated over and over... :grouchy:
In my family we have a long-running tradition of talking back to the TV and answering the questions during such commercials. :big_grin:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
the rapping rats? yes. make them go away...they don't make me want the stupid car
exactly...i dont see how that is supposed to make me want the car infact it makes want the car even less