Worst commercial on TV today?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... and am I the only one who HATES the ultra agreeable "Buddy bears" style Miniwheats? I want the kid to crunch their little heads in. They are that annoying. Bring back the fun, disagreeable Miniwheats mascot that had arguments with it's frosted and non-frosted sides...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hkZhoDBe

Now try to tell me that one isn't fun.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hate that axe commercial with the guy who has sweat literally pouring out of his armpits. But then again, I hate all axe commercials. (Axe is probably one of the worst smelling deoderants I have ever smelled. Just saying)

I also find those Cinnamin toast crunch commercials with the cerial eating the other cerial rather disturbing

And I also hate that Wonka commercial. Is it just me, or does the Oompa Loomoa look like Bill Murray?

APRena

Reaction score
Yeah, Axe annoys me. The whole concept of their marketing campaign being "Use our junk to get WOMEN to use for SMEXY TIMES." It also smells horrible. Especially the chocolate one. (I had class with a girl who sprayed it on herself because she liked the scent...)

Vice-versa, I can stand the Wonka ones because the actual chocolate is deeeeelicious.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
As much as I hate Axe's ad campaign, I use their stuff. The instinct deodorant is pretty nice. I'm still and Old Spice devotee.

Mupp

Reaction score
There are a lot of bad commercials out there. Usually when I am watching TV and there is a commercial break, I just mute the TV.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Axe annoys me. The whole concept of their marketing campaign being "Use our junk to get WOMEN to use for SMEXY TIMES." It also smells horrible. Especially the chocolate one. (I had class with a girl who sprayed it on herself because she liked the scent...)
Smells better than a sweaty guy. Only reason I even bother with the stuff. I just don't use it like it's air. Mainly because it doesn't make me gag highly as much as cologne does. Anyone that believes women will like you for buying a product to use on yourself is FOOLING themselves.

Vice-versa, I can stand the Wonka ones because the actual chocolate is deeeeelicious.
Off topic... but how long did it take Wonka to actually market and make chocolate? Last time I checked, it was Charlie and the Chocolate factory, not Charlie and the various types of small crunchy fruity candies factory. Not that I don't love their Nerds, basically one of my favorite non-chocolate candies. They had the Wonka Bar at some point... they still have that?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i couldn't stand the McDonald ones that added the é accent to all their words

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I've said it a hundred times, but in NO WAY do junk food commercials deserve half the scrutiny it gets, especially when everybody lets commercials for get rich quick schemes, health products that range from harmless hoaxes to dangerous medicine, and above all anything that can be sold on in Infomercial run wild and free.
Last I checked, this thread is about what commercials bug each person. No need to criticize my choices. Thanks so much for letting other people have their own opinions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks also for being extremely offended and not reading the entire post. I absolutely LOVE when people do that. No... I mean it. I love not being understood and slammed when I'm trying to make a point.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
i couldn't stand the McDonald ones that added the é accent to all their words
Thank you! Last time I remember, McDonald's is supposed to be a burger joint, not some trendy Starbucks rip-off. And no, putting an é to replace an E does not make it sound neat or anything. It's stupid.