Your Thoughts: Henson's Place DVD

muppet boy

Reaction score
I didn't expect this special/documentary to be this hard to find. I went to two different walmarts and didn't find it at either of them. I'm going to hit the bigger stores later today so possibly I can find it at one of those stores. If not, I suppose I'll have to order it.

:mad:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'll just buy this from Amazon, and be done with it. I'm going to do it through here so I can give back to MC. I have always wanted to do that.

ploobis

Reaction score
I picked up my copy from B&N and I just watched it and I loved it! :smile:

This is one Henson project that I never thought would be released on DVD!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Got mine in the post on Friday, and I live in the UK!

Its great, I love the menu screens and the inside look into the Amphibian is a great extra, although I do think some pages are not shown, The contents page shows that there is a page dedicated to all 3 Muppet Movies, but its not shown, it also looks in places like photos have been blocked out on some pages? Maybe just the design not sure.
I have never seen one of these books go up for sale? Anyone know how many were made, as in how many years did they produce one?

A great, DVD, great special and great extras.

Maybe this will be released in the UK one day?

Chris

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I watched mine this past weekend. It was great having this on DVD. I thought the Amphibian extra was interesting, but after while seemed to go on a little too long and with the Michael K. Frith introduction, seemed like they were showing the same pages over and over. And using the same music too.:smile: But nice to have. I don't think they were ever for sale, they were given out to Henson employees.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Its great, I love the menu screens and the inside look into the Amphibian is a great extra, although I do think some pages are not shown, The contents page shows that there is a page dedicated to all 3 Muppet Movies, but its not shown, it also looks in places like photos have been blocked out on some pages? Maybe just the design not sure.
Are any Muppet or Sesame Street photos/pages shown in the feature?

Drtooth

Reaction score
A lot of brick and mortar stores only stock the biggest new movies on the day of release.
And even if they aren't new, there's always WALLS of movies, especially at places like Best Buy and even Target. I swear target got in all the others the day of their release, though. Certainly 20 Years and Counting was.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I was totally shocked and surprised that I was able to find this today at FYE. I had first looked at Best Buy and Barnes and Noble. I'm in the middle of watching it right now and I'm so glad I got it. It takes me back to that time when the Muppets were at the height of their popularity and I just love listening to Jim and Frank speak. Definitely worth the purchase!:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Who all wishes that the Muppet Stuff store would still be open. I don't think I ever heard of that. Jim was such a wonderful person, and it really shows in this show.
Something that kind of bugs me though is when they talked about The Dark Cristal, and they called it a sucsess, and that it had won awards. From other things I have read and heard about the movie it did not do to well when it was out in theaters. Which is true?

Kermit and Piggy where wonderful in this as well, the sound seemed a bit off when ever Piggy was talking, kind of sounded like Frank was somewhere far off when doing the voice.

All in all I love this DVD, and I'm glad i finally got it.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
This special is available for pre order on itunes in the UK for £6.99, from Oct 18th.

I wonder if the UK is also getting a DVD release!

Chris