New Travelling Matt and Junior Gorg Plush/Puppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now I love these guys to pieces, don't get me wrong, as they're helping carry on the Fraggle resurgence of sorts, but they could do a better job making the dolls look a bit more like the real puppets. To me, the one who looks the most like her puppet counterpart is Red, but on a sewing standpoint, she shouldn't be that difficult to do. Gobo looks fairly like his puppet self as well. Wembley does to an extent, as does Mokey, just with a few flaws. Boober doesn't have nearly enough hair, but I got way off track.
Some of the things are avoidable, some aren't. One member once said that a plush doll is basically a pillow stuffed to look like a 3-Dimensional character. Not the easiest thing in the world to do. Though I wonder what exactly the problem with getting the right fabric colors for the skin tone is.

Junior looks fairly decent, though there's the inevitable size issue, seeing as he dwarfed the Fraggles and could dwarf even the tallest Silly Creature, I mean human. Maybe he was shrunken as punishment for being a dopey king, or maybe I'm over analyzing the situation.
Could you imagine a scale Junior? Wow. I'd buy it if my place weren't so incredibly small.

Still, if these guys make a Covinicin' John, I'd do unspeakable things for it. :insatiable:

Whimsy

Reaction score
Dear Travel log,
The other day I found myself exploring some of the outer caverns that some silly creatures enjoy standing around in for many hours a day to learn about what made them special, when I happened to catch a glance of a familliar form. Hiding inside a cave of transparent walls, I was certain I had caught a glimpse of my Nephew Gobo! He seemed to be resting in some kind of tree with all kinds of other animals, and I didn't think he could hear me because no matter how desperately I tried to get his attention, he simply remained fast asleep. I decided to leave him be, wishing him well on his explorations of outer space.

Imagine my surprise when I found him a few days later, in another cave filled with bright lights and a gaggle of younger silly creatures! He appeared to be resting in another of these trees, and this time he was with his friends. All was not as it appeared however, as I carefully approached the tree and discovered that this Gobo was actually a clever decoy! I learned something important that day, when realized that Silly Creatures are much like we are, in that they enjoy playing tricks on one another, and on us!

Traveling Matt
I saw a Gobo puppet the other day and I wound up grabbing it. I plan on collecting these - Overall I think they look pretty cool. It'll make a great excuse to build a display where I can keep them. Matt and Junior are probably too new to be available in retail stores, and I haven't seen them up close yet, but the pictures of the other five don't seem to do them justice; you really need to see them up close.