Bands You Could See Working With The Muppets?

Beauregard

Reaction score
And it'd definitely be a boost to have Lady Gaga appear with them(actually, didnt she appear with that faux Kermit last september?)
Oh she did, but she didn't sing. Although, having said that, I don't think that appearing with the Muppets would match her style as much now as it did then.

Remember when it was rumoured that Piggy would be singing Poker-face at a fashion event? I wonder if that ever really happened...I'd kill *ahem* to get my hands (ears?) on it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
OK, seriously, I think that it is simply wrong that Weird Al Yankovic and the Muppets have not yet done a show together. I hope that Disney will recognize this and rectify it.
Exactly. That would be 80's geek paradise. They need SOMETHING together. At least get him on Sesame Street, show those guest musicians HOW to get a parody song done RIGHT.

I think there are loads that would be happy to, but the top one for me is off course, la Gaga.
Gaga IS a Muppet. Needs to happen.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Not only is Lady Gaga with The Muppets a match made in heaven, but i could easily see it lending to a hilarious backstage plot with Piggy genuinely concerned that Gaga would be the only female singer who might outshine her so she tries to come up with a costume so outrageous and over the top that she'll out-Gaga Gaga...and reluctantly turns to Gonzo for help.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
This is more on the lines of "Who Should've Been a Guest Star on The Muppet Show", but what about Ray Stevens?
Certainly he could've fit well with The Muppets. He seems to have a similar offbeat style of humor that would mesh well with Jim Henson's and the Muppets'.
Songs like "The Streak" and particularly "It's Me Again, Margaret" come to mind. And they'd probably have to do "Ahab the Arab" and "Gitarzan" as well and I would vote for "Mississippi Squirrel Revival"- one of my favorites.
But Ray Stevens can also do serious numbers too and I could definitely see him doing "Everything is Beautiful" as the closing number.:smile:
I mean, isn't that the Ray Stevens Muppet version right there?:crazy: lol

secretagentmole

Reaction score
Ray Stevens, his version of in the mood, Camilla and all of her friends doing this number...