Wanted: 1979 Kilncraft Sam the Eagle and Beauregard Mug

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Well done Floyd.

I was holding my own Beau and Sam mugs just a few hours ago, I love em all.

It does worry me a bit though when things get this expensive what do you do with them?

It gets to the point where Im afraid to touch them or move them. How can I keep them all safe.

Id be gutted if I broke one of my rarer Muppet Show mugs.

Any suggestions?

Chris

FloydPepper77

Reaction score
I have them in a nice display case...I rarely take them out. I have a few duplicates and I use them for tea at work. My students get a kick out of them even though they are too young to know who the Muppets are!

SpacePig77

Reaction score
Hey, I have a "Beau" mug. It is one of the yellowish tan mugs. Its dated 1979. I understand there were white copies of these mugs too, does anyone know what are the rarest or oldest, white or tan? After reading this forum and discovering my mug could be worth up to $200 I may be considering selling it.
Anyone know more info about this?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi. Both colours are rare of that character. The first set of six were made/ licensed in 1978 kermit piggy fozzie gonzo rowlf and animal. The following year the same set were released on tan colour mugs and 6 new characters were added in both White and tan. Scooter beau floyd statler & waldorf sam and Swedish chef. The second set of 6 are the rarer characters that sell for high prices.
Chris

SpacePig77

Reaction score
Thanks Chris! :big_grin:
So the tan and white mugs of the second 1979 run of six were released at the same time? Do you think these characters rarest becuse they are less popular and they made less? :confused:
I found this at a second hand shop and had no idea the value, I decided to google it and found this very thread, thanks for the info.:wink:
CHEERZ!
Rj