Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At least they're not all Elmo toys. I dunno how I feel about that Murray figure; he seems kinda off. But hey, we get a Telly figure!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what's the lineup consist of? And are these straight up SST PVC's or Transformer crossover figures?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
they are just straight sesame street pvcs which great i have never really minded about transformers crossovers but i think doing sesame would be a bit odd for me:wink:

DTWolf

Reaction score
So what's the lineup consist of? And are these straight up SST PVC's or Transformer crossover figures?
Yes, that gallery is from a Transformers website, but the only reason it's there is because the person reporting on Hasbro's Transformers Toyfair presentation just thought it was neat that Hasbro also has the Sesame Street license. There's no other connection.

And they're not what I'd call "straight up" PVCs. The figures are stylized—squished, really. A little like the Japanese practice of making chibi or super-deformed versions of characters, with oversized heads and small, compressed bodies. They're also similar to "baby" versions of the characters, although that's clearly not Hasbro's intention.

Otherwise, they are like PVCs: small, solid chunks of plastic with no moving parts.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First look! The PVC figures are a more distorted representations... but I LOVE them! AND we get Murray!

http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=166
I like these too. This sort of figure is very popular right now and it helps keep costs uniform. It's kind of like the next gen of Little People. I can see Hasbro doing something closer to scale if these do well...and they should!

Okay, the plush cookie-eating Cookie Monster totally stole my heart. :insatiable:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So what's the lineup consist of?
Let's see... based on what they've shown, we've got...
  • Elmo waving
  • Elmo holding Dorothy
  • Zoe (in tutu)
  • Super Grover
  • Murray Monster
  • Oscar with can-lid on head
  • Oscar without can-lid on head
  • Oscar peeking out of can
  • Big Bird
  • Snuffy
  • The Count
  • Fireman Grover
  • Telly
  • Ernie
  • Bert
  • Abby Cadabby
  • Cookie Monster

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Let's see... based on what they've shown, we've got...
  • Elmo waving
  • Elmo holding Dorothy
  • Zoe (in tutu)
  • Super Grover
  • Murray Monster
  • Oscar with can-lid on head
  • Oscar without can-lid on head
  • Oscar peeking out of can
  • Big Bird
  • Snuffy
  • The Count
  • Fireman Grover
  • Telly
  • Ernie
  • Bert
  • Abby Cadabby
  • Cookie Monster
Looks like the most notable character absent is Rosita. Mr. Johnson, Grundgetta, and Prairie Dawn are also missing, but I don't know if they'd be viewed as major.

They look good, though not what I expected.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Looks like the most notable character absent is Rosita. Mr. Johnson, Grundgetta, and Prairie Dawn are also missing, but I don't know if they'd be viewed as major.

They look good, though not what I expected.
We're also missing Baby Bear. I would definitely expect to see Baby Bear and Rosita at some point... and possibly Prairie Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.