Question about Mouth Manipulation

practicecactus

Reaction score
Reading back what I wrote I realise I should've just said I hinge the mouth at my upper finger knuckles, like a jaw. Moving the head around a bit, also hides a bit any head flap.

Goochman

Reaction score
a tip I found helpful from watching a video was if you cross your fingers while you're working with the puppet it's much easier to just move the lower jaw.

Animal31

Reaction score
a tip I found helpful from watching a video was if you cross your fingers while you're working with the puppet it's much easier to just move the lower jaw.
Holy Cow! It works! :excited:

Onath

Reaction score
Other tricks for thumb isolation

Try moving just your thumb while holding a ping pong ball in your fingers.

Another great technique is to lie your fingers flat on a table and try and keep them flat against the table as you practice lip synch with your thumb underneath.

Hopefully both of those make sense.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Revisiting this thread and tried this note. It works really well. Thanks for the tip.
Other tricks for thumb isolation

Try moving just your thumb while holding a ping pong ball in your fingers.

Another great technique is to lie your fingers flat on a table and try and keep them flat against the table as you practice lip synch with your thumb underneath.

Hopefully both of those make sense.
Yea they do, thanks. I'll try those out too.
Reading back what I wrote I realise I should've just said I hinge the mouth at my upper finger knuckles, like a jaw. Moving the head around a bit, also hides a bit any head flap.
Wait, so what do you do? Do you use the thumb in there anywhere?