Did anyone see this?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
PBS also had that show with the guy in the anatomy-colored leotard. I still have nightmares.
Slim Goodbody! He always freaked me out! He actually came to our mall about 8 years ago to do a "show". I was working there at the time, and met him. It was one of those wacky moments to say the least.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that Richard Simmons? Or is that an even worse nightmare? I think he did play that part at one time.

radionate

Reaction score
No, it wasn't Richard Simmons, just someone who looked like him (it was that 'fro). He was/is taller then him too.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Gather 'round, children. Gather 'round. It's story time with Uncle Ken.

Hey remember that PBS show where they'd tell a story while a guy would draw illustrations at the same time? I do. I don't know why I brought it up.

PBS also had that show with the guy in the anatomy-colored leotard. I still have nightmares.
1) Either Secret City with Mark(who gained like 150 pounds by the end of the show) LOVED that show, taught me a lot about perspective. Or youre talking about the late bob Ross, but most likely the latter

2) Slim Goodbody: DISTURBING!!! I hated that show! Between that and the land of make believe(and HR Puffinstuff) it was a very unsettling time for various programs.

radionate

Reaction score
HR Puffnstuff was awsome! Sid and Marty Kroff Rule!

Rufus

Reaction score
These are nice!

I agree with the comments on Sam's texture, but I guess that's being changed... his head is perfect, though!

The only other thing I'd change is Gonzo's pose. He looks like he's running with the balloons, not hanging from them. It would be very difficult to bend your arm like that if you were hanging in midair... also I'd have his legs dangling more so they didn't look like they were in mid-step. But again, his head is great!

And Thog... wonderful Thog... now we just need one that's in scale with the figures...

And I guess now we got a "nekkid" Piggy, huh? Yeeeeeeshh...

- R -

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
1) Either Secret City with Mark...Or youre talking about the late bob Ross, but most likely the latter

2) Slim Goodbody:
1) No, neither of those, but I know both of them. I loved that huge mural that Mark would contribute a piece to at the end of every episode. Bob Ross makes happy trees.

No, what I'm talking about was a show were a bunch of children would sit around listening to someone tell a story while a guy at an art table would draw illustrations in real-time about what was going on in the story. He would usually start drawing something that would be appearing in the next few minutes in the story so it took a while to figure out what he was drawing as well as how it fit in with the story. There's a "Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast" episode where they parodied it, so I know I'm not making it up. I just don't have a title for it.

2) Yeah, Slim Goodbody. Holy cow, Richard Simmons AND Slim Goodbody? Talk about disturbing. I'm gonna need the Greatest American Hero to fight the evil afro duo.

SNLIM

Reaction score
wow, these pics are great. the palisades team is really doing a great job. btw, i was just curious (i do realize that i have an avatar but it's the only one i have)...where does everyone get their avatars from? (especially the really cool pepe ones, okay)

btw: King Prawn you stole my signature! but i suppose since you registered first it's yours but oh well...unbelievable! (i will slap you like a bad bad donkey okay...)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i wanted to post this here, but i posted it in ask ken

seems weird that 3 will cost 15 being more then one muppet figure costs, i wish they where all still coming togther, but they still seem very worth it, yes they are still in the works and i have the same feeling about honeycomb sam, and too dark thog, his ear's seem a little short...i don't know...i just drew a picture of Thog today and gave it to some one as a valentine;-)

i have to say and i must be the first...i don't like the gonzo...it's too...too...too PERFECT! LOL! i'm kidding!!! it's great!!!!

but really, i don't like the piggy for some reason...i don't know why, i think the ex action figure looks better.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I'll tell you all a very interesting story about that Sam texture later when I get home from work.
So I've been sitting here at the hearth, a'warming my hands by the fire, anxiously waiting for Uncle Ken to show up and tell us his story. Where did he go? He said he was coming right after work. It's been a whole day. Surely he doesn't expect us to keep his supper waiting this long for him?!