1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Did anyone see this?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ResidentLilly, Feb 9, 2003.

1. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

I like them a lot, aside from maybe Sams body. Gonzo i think is the best out of the lot, and Piggy's very good too. I think the kind of detail and the paint quality on these is fantastic for such a small scale. So i take it the info on the SCS is wrong, these are all one set - is there a confirmed recommended retail price on the PVC sets yet ?

3. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Very Cool Ken

it's 1:30 a.m over here and I was going to go to bed, have to wake up early tomorow but after seeing this I don't see myself sleeping, I think the best in the set are Piggy & Gonzo then Mahna Mahna and the two snowths then Thog and lastly Sam, there's just something about him I don't like.

It's strange because of all the action figures he's the one i'm looking most forward too but in PVC form he doesn't do that much for me (he looks a little heavy) but still i'm buying this set for sure.

ps. does Gonzo come with that stand?

thanks

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

OH MY!!!

*goes and tries effortlessly to delete all my mini fugres over PVC threads*

I dont even think I could even look at aSchleich pvc after seeing these...holy freaking goodness!

All I gotta say is, astonishing.

*me, who shall be pushing for a Mahna Mahna over Marvin Suggs in s7 in lieu of these recent photos*

5. BigSPEEGS

BigSPEEGS New Member

Gonzo and MM = WOW.

Terriffic job, you guys are true AR-TISTES.

-SPEEGS

6. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

The Piggy sculpt is a major improvment over the series 1 figure.

7. Marvin Suggs

Marvin Suggs New Member

All of them look great! Gonzo, Sam, & Thog are my favorites in the set. How are the six PVC's going to be split (which figures will be packed together)?

8. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I still want to know what's up with the pattern on Sam's body.

These look cool. I have to keep reminding myself how small these things are going to be.

EDIT: To answer Marvin's question, all six of them will be sold in the same box.

9. incredeeble!

incredeeble! New Member

Crazy Chris,

I thought Ken mentioned earlier this week that it would be 3 and 3, each carrying an msrp of 14.99? And I thought Ken mentioned that mahna mahna and the snowths would be packed seperately.

10. Marvin Suggs

Marvin Suggs New Member

That's what I thought I heard. If Mahna Mahna & the Snowths are packed separately, I'll probably end up getting both packs to get the figures I want.

11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

So mabye I'm wrong. Was my say ever really that reliable?

12. Bulldawg

Bulldawg New Member

um...WOW.

13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think they all look fantastic.

It's hard to really see Sam's whole body so I'll have to reserve any critique of that. Remember that they always look better than in the pictures. I think Sam's head is spot-on.

Gonzo is amazing. Nobody's mentioned the coloring. This could possibly be the first Gonzo product with a correctly colored nose! Not the sky blue Muppet Baby beak. I also love the Muppet Movie version of him because it's my fave of all the films.

Mahna Mahna and the Snowths look so great. And they have feet! Have we ever seen their feet? Beautiful stuff.

My favorite has to be Thog. I've always liked him and he deserves representation. The flower is a nice touch that fits his personality.

This is the best Palisades Piggy yet. Yes, she looks cuter and thinner than the puppet, but it really works here. I love the hair sculpt. Great stuff. Can't wait to see PVC wave 2. I think these will have a life of their own. I can see them being very popular and 3 packs are a wise decision.

Hope there are even better pictures tomorrow!

14. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

I saw these in Tomart and they looked Great.I like Thog the best

15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Jeez i missed the news that the set would now be split, don't usually read PVC threads - so what is the lineup for each set ?

16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Do you guys think that maybe someon could perhaps take the time to describe what each of these figures look like to me? I have the general idea for some of the PVC figures, but I'd really like to understand the full concept for each. If you can, please describe what the figure looks like including all the details and item coloring in your description, along with what additional items the PVC figures have with them and those items' coloring. Thanks for your help and have a great day.

17. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Ken, I love 'em. I love 'em. I love 'em. I love 'em!!!! Did I mention, I love em?! I LOVE the towel and Miss Piggy! Love it all! :D Can't wait to love them more!

18. radionate

radionate New Member

Great job Ken!

Was anything else included with this picture that might be popping up on the web before you guys planned them too?

i.e. Swinetrek Playset and First Mate Piggy?

19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

very cool...so when do these hit shelves??

20. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

There's a shot of "First-Mate Piggy" on the back of the Series 3 cards. It's just a head-shot, but she's displayed among the preview of the other Series 4 characters