Something I don't get about the Muppet Theater

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which is even more peculiar given Doc Hopper's inability to sell stuff and he was barely making it (though he WAS able to start up a new location, which is where we first meet Max, during the construction).
You could also reason that Doc didn't get completely discouraged by Kermit's showdown (and giant Animal's head breaking out of the building) and found a less talented Frog who was willing to sell out. Thus, the franchise became a huge hit, albeit a slow start up.

Or we could take it as a callback reference.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Which is even more peculiar given Doc Hopper's inability to sell stuff and he was barely making it (though he WAS able to start up a new location, which is where we first meet Max, during the construction).
Yes, but in the (lack of) Muppet continuity, it is still established that they are actors writing and performing their own movies...so if they want to reference a previous movie, they do. That way, you can link them if you want (Piggy also has a Bogan County picture in her room in the Alt. Universe, and a ad for Country Bacon) or they can just be random references to A. A frog-leg restaurant in a less giving world, B. Piggy's modelling career.

chudman1000

Reaction score
Off topic for a second, I was actually thinking about that last night. As I was watching the Muppet Movie last night, I started wondering how if Doc Hopper was just a small time business struggling to get by, how was he able to afford a Frog Killer to go after Kermit. For the skill that guy apparently had, Im sure he wouldn´t come cheap.

Back on topic, about the contract that Pepe got to make the Muppet Theatre a historical landmark, who is to say he even got the correct thing? Yes I know we can chalk the story up to lack of continuity between movies and projects, however trusting Pepe of anyone to do it correctly? I havent played it in a little while so I could be remembering incorrectly, but in Muppets Party Cruise wasn´t he the one who booked the Muppets on the boiler room level because he thought First Floor meant First Class?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I havent played it in a little while so I could be remembering incorrectly, but in Muppets Party Cruise wasn´t he the one who booked the Muppets on the boiler room level because he thought First Floor meant First Class?
yep he way! the gf (PepesGal90) has been playing it on PS2 all weekend and IS RIGHT NOW! :fishy:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Off topic for a second, I was actually thinking about that last night. As I was watching the Muppet Movie last night, I started wondering how if Doc Hopper was just a small time business struggling to get by, how was he able to afford a Frog Killer to go after Kermit. For the skill that guy apparently had, Im sure he wouldn´t come cheap.
one thing ive learned to do with movies is never question Characters funding...if they need to pay for it they can afford it no matter the back story...movies dont take into consideration real life dollar prices....best example go watch the movie Just go with it and tell me that doesnt take liberties with how much money he spends in less than 4 days

as per muppet theater im sure Tex Richmen has some sort of rich and famous contract loop hole he will exploit in the script

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Also, how much can a Frog Killer cost? Just find some guy who needs a coupla hundred bucks. It's not like he goes after Kermit with laser-sighted RPGs or anything, just a three-pronged harpoon gun. We're not exactly talking Jaws-level difficulty (so it seemed anyway, LOL).

dwmckim

Reaction score
Off topic for a second, I was actually thinking about that last night. As I was watching the Muppet Movie last night, I started wondering how if Doc Hopper was just a small time business struggling to get by, how was he able to afford a Frog Killer to go after Kermit.
Bank loan.

But aside from that, if it's hard enough figuring out regular human characters' finances in movies, try pondering those of the Muppets - they're getting by typically without regular incomes OR pockets.