Evansville: Muppet Fan Party Wed. at the Showplace

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Holla Evansville! Are you ready to party with Muppet Central member Alvin and his puppets?

When: Wednesday, November 23 at 11:05AM
Where: Showplace Cinemas
1801 Morgan Center Drive
Evansville, IN 47715

Kevin will share more details about the event so be sure and post and let him know you're ready to see The Muppets!

Alvin

Reaction score
Hey everyone...still trying to get the times from the theater..they are being slow...!! If you have a Muppet Whatnot, a puppet of your own...bring it to the movie!! I'd love to get a pic of all of us and our puppets! Who knows we may even have some kiddos wanting pics taken with the puppets too! See everyone there!

Alvin

Reaction score
FINALLY...Muppet Movie Times are posted...and we wanna get in on the first showing which is at 11:05 am...we were gonna do a later show with a better crowd...but thought this would be a good opportunity to...possibly have a more personable approach...in case there are kiddos there...and we take our puppets!!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Just updated the original post with the time. Have fun!

ivanova

Reaction score
Oh man, I live in Petersburg and would love to come to this, wish I would have known about it sooner, never dreamed there would be one set up this close to home. Hope everyone has a good time.

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Sorry I missed it, I just joined the bord a few days ago. I live in Indianapolis, and would have drove out in suport, had found out sooner. Though my friend and I did one on our own in Nobiesville on the 23rd

Alvin

Reaction score
That's cool...I didn't even think there were many puppeteers in this area...or at least doing what I do...I am trying to get out in the community...but it's so stinking hard! You would think with the Muppets new movie and the Being Elmo movie out, people would be more inclined to have more "puppet shows" or puppet perfromances...kind of frustrating...I'm open to ideas!

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
I just take mine to the local shopping mall and walk around for a while. It's a blast really. You get some looks from people who do get it, and a few will ask about it , so I just tell the truth that I’m a puppeteer and here to practice interacting with people. More often than not people (kid and adults) love it. People working at the mall are even getting to know me from being there so often.

One of the big things I worry about when I started was “creeping people out” with it, so when I started I had my female friend and her kids come to the mall with me. That way I wasn’t alone and if anything I was entertaining them. As more and more people reacted positively to it I start going buy myself. I just let the people approach me or if I see a parent pointing it out to their kids the puppet waves and says Hello. It’s great practice for me and help me to develop my improve skills and the personality of the puppets.

Another place that’s good to go is Conventions. There are all sorts of costumed characters (like us) who never grew up and love seeing the puppets. One of my close friends, which I met at a convention, is the reason I started fallowing my childhood dream of being a puppeteer.

It one of the great joys in my life really.

Alvin

Reaction score
That's a good idea...I have been wanting to take my puppets and get their picture taken with Santa....how do you handle talking...I am not a ventriloquist...do you talk with the puppet to the kids?