What is your favorite childhood toy?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
here's another one of my all time faves... (and yes I still have the figure!)

Ozymandias

Reaction score
My favorite childhood toys were my Beanie Babies, specifically one spider Beanie Baby named Spinner, and one pink teddy bear named Smitten. I still have them. :smile:

My second favorite childhood toy would have to be lego in general, but my Bionicles specifically. :big_grin: Bionicle was AWESOME.

beaker

Reaction score
PS... here's a shot of me with ole' Superman :wink:

I LOVVVVED DC Super powers figures from Kenner! I totally had that one, Batman, Robin ANNNND the special mail away Clark Kent. Got them in 1987 at a thrift store(and I kid you not) regularly played with them well into college. Like literally I think they fell apart by the time the 2000's hit. I loved the simplicity of my childhood...on a 10 hour car ride, all Id need is a backseat with a pillow, a few action figures and a tiger LCD game and I was in heaven. Now its like the newest 50 million budget xbox game bores me.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I LOVVVVED DC Super powers figures from Kenner! I loved the simplicity of my childhood...on a 10 hour car ride, all Id need is a backseat with a pillow, a few action figures and a tiger LCD game and I was in heaven. Now its like the newest 50 million budget xbox game bores me.
I couldnt have said it better... sadly Superman is the only one I have left. I also recall having Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. I believe I had the Batmobile as well. Ahh... growing up the 80s was fab. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
I couldnt have said it better... sadly Superman is the only one I have left. I also recall having Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. I believe I had the Batmobile as well. Ahh... growing up the 80s was fab. :wink:
That's why Im so glad for ebay. If something really meant something to me, I just would find a mint condition version on ebay if I lost it or if its in bad shape. Ive been able to find rare Nintendo game and watch lcd games, figures, etc. Im pretty picky now, so it has to have severe sentimental value for me to try and locate. Was able to find pre Nintendo power Nintendo magazines, figurines and all sorts of stuff I either had or always wanted. I love how I can access any arcade or home 8bit/16 bit within seconds too.

Pretty much I'd either have epic storyline battles between my DC characters, mixed with marvel, star wars, wrestlers and he-man. othertimes id have WWF like wrestling events. I always loved cross play, utilizing every figure I had. Thats why I dug kablammo so much in the 90's. I remember in the 80's getting up at the butt crack of dawn to see oddball mid 80's cartoons, but by the 90s the BEST cartoons were after school. But from the very early 1980's til the early 2000's I had a kind of "extended" childhood of enjoying the breadth of the pop cartoon and toy milieu.

I feel bad for people who missed the 80s...arcades were amazing, kids shows were amazing, chuck e cheese(pizza time theater/showbiz) was amazing...everything was amazing. even being super dirt poor it was glorious magical times

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I had the Reptar Wagon. Not THE Reptar Wagon - I would have killed for a real Reptar Wagon - but the small toy one was just the best. I think I even ended up with a two because a neighbor didn't want his. I had my Ninja Turtles ride around in them. One Reptar Wagon was for crimefighting and one was for parties.

beaker

Reaction score
I always was resentful how they made all sorts of toys for Rugrats, Catdog, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Doug...but NEVER any for Rockos Modern Life or Angry Beavers:frown: Also I woulda loved an Artie strongest man in the world doll^_^