What is your favorite childhood toy?

beaker

Reaction score
I guess I just type very maturely, lol.
For some reason I keep having this image of you being a much older Catholic school teacher or something:smile: I keep forgetting youre closer to some of our ages or even younger. As they say, ya cant judge a book by it's type 10 arial font pages!

beaker

Reaction score
Lol, wow. :wink: Well I did have some good ones, thank goodness, lol.
It's the clarity, maturity and balance of fun and thought. Sadly that seems like a rare thing online these days with people of any age.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As they say, ya cant judge a book by it's type 10 arial font pages!
Oh yeah it's definitely hard to judge online. I mean how you write isn't the same as how you speak (at least it shouldn't be, lol).

It's the clarity, maturity and balance of fun and thought. Sadly that seems like a rare thing online these days with people of any age.
Aw thanks. :smile: Some of it is having OCD, I've always been hard on myself about expressing things correctly.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh yeah it's definitely hard to judge online. I mean how you write isn't the same as how you speak (at least it shouldn't be, lol).

Aw thanks. :smile: Some of it is having OCD, I've always been hard on myself about expressing things correctly.
Oh gosh, I've been riddled with OCD all my life...though I've tried to learn to bend it to my benefit. There can be some indication of one's true self through one's online persona, but often it's lost in translation. Someone with aspergers for instance might be able to fully express themselves online in a way noone would be the wiser. Or someone who has a lot to say in person, or even a professor may choose to have a very limited response approach.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Someone with aspergers for instance might be able to fully express themselves online in a way noone would be the wiser. Or someone who has a lot to say in person, or even a professor may choose to have a very limited response approach.
I've tried to tell people that many times. They think shy people who talk on the Internet are just using it as a "crutch." And that may be but it's a start. Not everyone is super assertive and there's nothing wrong with that. Our society praises the assertive personality type but it has its share of problems too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always was resentful how they made all sorts of toys for Rugrats, Catdog, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Doug...but NEVER any for Rockos Modern Life or Angry Beavers:frown: Also I woulda loved an Artie strongest man in the world doll^_^
Other than Rugrats, those things were impossible to find. I never even seen the Doug stuff outside of the Disney's Stores Doug Bean bags and the Doug's first movie kid's meal. Angry beavers DID have merchandise... not quite that much. There were "Sleepy time" plush of Dag and Norb (got those), and there were also 4 of those gumball figures which I luckily have all 4 of. Regular figures and pencil toppers. But Rocko never had anything except a very obscure regional fast food chain figure among other Nicktoons stars. When they had those Nicktoons things at Hot Topic I was hoping that they'd also have a line of Nicktoon plush (like they usually have for Zim), but nothing came out of that.

Still, I'm surprised there was any AAAH Real Monsters stuff at all. Nick kinda treated that as a red headed stepchild at one point. I got three of those guys on clearance. Never went back for Oblina, though...

beaker

Reaction score
Other than Rugrats, those things were impossible to find. I never even seen the Doug stuff outside of the Disney's Stores Doug Bean bags and the Doug's first movie kid's meal. Angry beavers DID have merchandise... not quite that much. There were "Sleepy time" plush of Dag and Norb (got those), and there were also 4 of those gumball figures which I luckily have all 4 of. Regular figures and pencil toppers. But Rocko never had anything except a very obscure regional fast food chain figure among other Nicktoons stars. When they had those Nicktoons things at Hot Topic I was hoping that they'd also have a line of Nicktoon plush (like they usually have for Zim), but nothing came out of that.

Still, I'm surprised there was any AAAH Real Monsters stuff at all. Nick kinda treated that as a red headed stepchild at one point. I got three of those guys on clearance. Never went back for Oblina, though...
Hmm, Ive seen a lot of Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, Aaah Real Monsters toys. Tho you know, it may have been Disney's Doug Im thinking of. Catdog had a figure keychain and then the Burger King promotion, along with plushes. Oh those super cheap gumball machine 1" things that still cost a buck? Never was into those. Yeah I see the Hardees Nickelodeon Racers that has Rocko on a Suckomatic and Spunky on a dogbowl. That, a Rocko plush, a Spunky plush and a crazy rare goes for a zillion bucks Heffer plush. No idea why figures or pvcs werent made. Yeah I was hoping Hot Topic woulda made toys or plushes for Rocko like they did with Reptar and everything else. Poor Joe Murray! He's like the only cartoon guy that didnt get merch done. Well there was Camp Lazlo action figures via Mcdonalds. Im usually not a fan of flash looking ADHD 2000's cartoons, but Gym Partner is a Monkey was kind of cool in my book. But yeah Ive never seen actual happy meals toys, figures, or much of Angry Beavers cept the plush.

Ive been trying to find all the 90's Fox Kids toys online. Had no idea they made toys for most of the better known ones. Man I so miss Fox Kids and even Fox Box. When those went away, to me it was the final nail in the death of non cable kids cartoons(thankfully CW continued TMNT and Sonic, but in reruns only)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm, Ive seen a lot of Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, Aaah Real Monsters toys. Tho you know, it may have been Disney's Doug Im thinking of. Catdog had a figure keychain and then the Burger King promotion, along with plushes. Oh those super cheap gumball machine 1" things that still cost a buck? Never was into those.
For the longest time, I was able to get those outside a store for a QUARTER! That's why I was able to get everyone but Hey Arnold out of the first one. I pretty much stopped collecting that kind of figure when they became harder and harder to find.

Yeah I see the Hardees Nickelodeon Racers that has Rocko on a Suckomatic and Spunky on a dogbowl. That, a Rocko plush, a Spunky plush and a crazy rare goes for a zillion bucks Heffer plush. No idea why figures or pvcs werent made. Yeah I was hoping Hot Topic woulda made toys or plushes for Rocko like they did with Reptar and everything else. Poor Joe Murray! He's like the only cartoon guy that didnt get merch done. Well there was Camp Lazlo action figures via Mcdonalds.
I'm not a huge Camp Lazlo fan... I kinda found that show a disappointment, bit I did get those 2 figures. I bought them both separately, and the person behind the counter just gave them to me for a buck. Not each. I got 2 for a buck that day without even having to buy food.

Ive been trying to find all the 90's Fox Kids toys online. Had no idea they made toys for most of the better known ones. Man I so miss Fox Kids and even Fox Box. When those went away, to me it was the final nail in the death of non cable kids cartoons(thankfully CW continued TMNT and Sonic, but in reruns only)
I had a whole bunch of them... the easily breakable spring loaded Toonsylvania toys, the Tick minifigures (except for the one that was rare for no good reason), the really easily breakable Tick Windups, that complete set of Eek KFC figures (never got the plush Eek)... I have some of the McDonalds Bobby's World cars, most of the Toonsylvania BK figures (except Melissa Screech) , I forget what else there was... and a lone Space Goofs guy I found in a thrift store.

i liked Fox Box back when it was on Fox, before they felt the need to add in those terrible girls cartoons and pull all the good stuff off the schedule. I don't need to tell you how much I loved Ultimate Muscle...even their crappy dub of One Piece I loved watching. The CW version sucks now that they lost the rights to TMNT reruns... I'd rather watch the Uncut version of Sonic X (though I love Mike Pollack's Dr. Eggman voice), and everything else is a different brand of Yugioh.