Evansville: Muppet Fan Party Wed. at the Showplace

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Nether am I. One thing Jim Henson said that amazed me, but has proven true, is most of the time people will ignore you and talk strait to the puppet, and if they do as I tell them I’m a puppeteer on a ventriloquist and explain how most of the time I’d be hidden away somewhere, but with being out in public like this it I little hard.

Alvin

Reaction score
Yeah...I tell people all the time I AM NOT a ventriloquist. Hard to do in public yes...but then I see like Kevin Clash in public with Elmo...and just think well if he can do it so can I...just hard.

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Yea, I look at as educating the public about puppeteering.. With Jeff Dunham being so big right now, people are quicker to think ventriloquist, so I remember that going into it and don’t let it get to me. Right now I’m working on scripts for several You tube videos. Hopefully I’ll have some up soon, and then when people ask about it, I’ll just hand them a business card and tell them to check it out on line and see what it’s all about.

I do have to say Kevin is amazing. I had the chance to meet him at Dragon Con back in 07, long before I started puppeteering. I’ve only been doing this for a year and a half now. I wish I’d gotten to see “Being Elmo” I couldn’t find it in any of the theaters around here.

Alvin

Reaction score
YOU MET KEVIN?!!!! I am so in the wrong part of the country. NOTHING ever happens around here. I am hopingg to move to Florida in Jauary. Moving to the Tampa/Clearwater area. This is the creative killing part of the country where I am at.

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Yea met him at a Convention in Atlanta GA. It was by accident really. I overheard him talking in the hallway about being Splinter in Ninja Turtles, and ended up fallowing him back to his table. I was quite shocked to see the Elmo pictures, and even more so to find HE was Elmo, till then I figured Elmo was a woman, but as much as I’m sick of seeing Elmo, Kevin was wonderful.

I’m currently hoping to meet Stevin Whitmire. Rumor has it he’ll be at this convention in PA in June.
https://www.anthrocon.org/