Steiff Wocka Wocka

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie left Germany on November 8, so should be released by mid December.Steiff's licence with Disney has now expired.They could renew it as they had another character up their sleeve, but I guess it depends on how well Fozzie goes.

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Muppetperson, did you get your Steiff Fozzie Bear yet? If so, please post pictures and a review. Fozzie is my favorite Muppet (I remember as kid, Rowlf was my favorite, but Fozzie was close) and really want a realistic Fozzie (I have been nostalgic since the new movie came out, been watching the old ones, and any YouTube clips of Fozzie). The only criticism I have of the Steiff version (besides the price) is that his hat looks too small. For $279-$310, it really should be life sized though and not 14.96" (according to Steiff's website).

Man, if it was $100, I'd buy 3 (1 to use/display, 1 to have in Mint condition, and 1 for my GF [who loves Fozzie too]). If you think it is pretty much a 15" replica of the show/movie Fozzie Bear, I'd definitely buy one at that steep price (maybe 2, but I'm holding out for a lifesized Fozzie Bear).

muppetperson

Reaction score
Muppetperson, did you get your Steiff Fozzie Bear yet? If so, please post pictures and a review. Fozzie is my favorite Muppet (I remember as kid, Rowlf was my favorite, but Fozzie was close) and really want a realistic Fozzie (I have been nostalgic since the new movie came out, been watching the old ones, and any YouTube clips of Fozzie). The only criticism I have of the Steiff version (besides the price) is that his hat looks too small. For $279-$310, it really should be life sized though and not 14.96" (according to Steiff's website).

Man, if it was $100, I'd buy 3 (1 to use/display, 1 to have in Mint condition, and 1 for my GF [who loves Fozzie too]). If you think it is pretty much a 15" replica of the show/movie Fozzie Bear, I'd definitely buy one at that steep price (maybe 2, but I'm holding out for a lifesized Fozzie Bear).
Not yet.It only arrived with the retailer the other day.I have to let them know when I get a new credit card as an ATM swallowed my last card.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That Fozzie proto looks great, but on another site that showed him in-hand, he looked to have the roundish curve outwards in his mouth, same as Kermit - does that make sense? Like it bulged out instead of being flat like it's supposed to. BUT, it didn't look as bad as Kermit, and his overall likeness was still fantastic. Could probably smoosh his mouth flat if you did it long enough, hmm.

Though, like others have said, the $300+/- price tag (pretty much for the Steiff tag) is kinda hefty for a 13" plush. For that much, the perfectionist in me (let's face it, that part is most of me, ha ha) thinks his proportions should be better. The Muppet Lover and Toy Collector in me, on the other hand, are being a bit more outspoken in this case, as A: I'm a sucker for Fozzie plushes of all kinds, and B: eh, he's good enough, lol. High price tag just means I'd have to do the payments option, and that makes it a bit better than just dropping 300 bucks on a little toy for myself at once, y'know? :wink:

I love Fozzie, but not as much as Rowlf!! I'd most-likely get a Steiff Rowlf no matter what, ha ha.

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Muppetperson. Knowing that it just arrived and the anticipation, (along with Chris's second image [Thanks too!]) make me want to get one. I can't get over the hat thought. It looks like a Brown Yogi Bear's hat. Fozzie's hat on the show/movies is alot bigger and not flat. I can live with the mouth issue that KermieBaby47 sees (he is right about it and I had not noticed until his post, but it is not a deal braker for me).

I think another problem with Kermit beside the color and mouth is that he looks furry. He shouldn't have fuzz.

junebug1972

Reaction score
I just received notification that my Fozzie will be arriving by UPS tomorrow! I will photograph him and post photos later in the day!

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
I just received notification that my Fozzie will be arriving by UPS tomorrow! I will photograph him and post photos later in the day!
Yep, same for me. I'm excited. I ordered on Sunday and they shipped it out Monday. If it was standard mail, it probably would have been Tuesday (going from FL to MD). UPS likes to make you wait the standard minimum 3 days even if it is relatively close.

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Looks like Sunny Bears is out of their initial allotment and is now set for pre-orders for more. Luckily, I ordered a few days ago and Fozzie is sitting at the UPS depot 15 miles away as of today. Sunny Bears staff are really helpful.

I guess the only other store that has the same price as Sunny Bears is Village Bears. They might still have some, but you have to pay for shipping where Sunny Bears you do not. Still cheaper with shipping then the other stores on the net.

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Well, I got my Steiff Fozzie today. Sunny Bears' Chrissie and Scott packaged the box really well! Kudos to them. They boxed and padded the cardboard Stieff Box, which was also boxed the regular Stieff box (so triple boxed). There is no Steiff bag like I saw in the Kermit reviews. Fozzie was just wrapped in tissue paper.

The Steiff is pretty good, but I'm not sure $300 good. The fur color seem a bit pale. The face, body, and bow are a very good likeness. The mouth is round inside and it is stiff, so you can't close it. Steiff Fozzie Bear will always be smiling, which is part of Fozzie's charm anyways.

Now from my previous posts you can see I didn't like the hat. Well, it gets worse for me. They seem to sewn stitches in the front and the back of the hat to create folds. That makes the hat look a lot worse. I'm almost tempted to iron it, but that would probably melt the fabric.

Anyways here are some pictures on photobucket. If someone else want to host these, that would be great as I think photobucket has a limited number of views.