The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TikiColadas

Reaction score
I'm going to say this point blank. For the most part I think the way most people worship celebrities is idiotic. Most of these yahoos are shallow idiots who think just because they get paid millions to act in front of a camera their opinions matter more than the rest of us.
But there are exceptions. When Jim Henson died I knew then that the world became a darker place. Unlike most celebrities, Jim actually mattered. His work was amazing. It had a lot of heart and soul and again unlike many celebrities the world was generally a better place just by having Jim Henson in it.
There are two men you never want to badmouth around me. Not if you want to walk away with your guts intact. One is of course Jim Henson. The other is Charles Schulz. Both men inspired me throughout my entire childhood and the deaths of both men hurt me deeply. When they died a part of me died with them.
I AGREE! My 2 heors are Jim Henson and George Lucas. I grew up with the art, magic and incredible body of work from them both. They are a part of me and they are my inspirations. When Jim Henson passed away a part of me died as well. I am eternally thankful for the what they have both created and the fact that they have made the world a better place.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know this is Sesame Street, but I always tear up when Bert gives his paperclip collection to Mr. Hooper and then asks, "Do you think maybe I could...come and visit my paper cli...cli....nevermind...:: sigh ::..." That was just so beautifully sad. :cry:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I AGREE! My 2 heors are Jim Henson and George Lucas. I grew up with the art, magic and incredible body of work from them both. They are a part of me and they are my inspirations. When Jim Henson passed away a part of me died as well. I am eternally thankful for the what they have both created and the fact that they have made the world a better place.
Mine are Jim Henson, Richard Hunt and Charles Dickens [ironic right?] Though I was never alive when they were they still inspire me. I got into Dickens BECAUSE of the Muppets. I litterally don't know if I'd be the same if I didn't have them.
When I'm really upset and I don't know what to do I turn on the Muppets and they usually help me get through it. Like yesterday, I threw on Muppets Christmas Carol and studdied for History and typed a French project and felt a lot better. I came on here after the worst day in Gym Class ever! And I'm already feeling better.

Greenbottle3

Reaction score
My most tear jerking Muppet moment has got to be when Piggy and Kermit sang "Love Led Us Here" in Muppet Treasure Island.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Seen The Muppets three times now, and it always reduces me to a mess. The score that plays when Walter first walks into Kermit's office and sees all the photos sets such the right tone. Don't know if it counts as tear jerking, but it's close.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
in the muppets when walter chooses to join the muppets and his whistling watching him grow up is so cute and man or muppet and pictures in my head

Gonz21

Reaction score
New ones from The Muppets: The photos of Jim in Kermit's office had me close to tearing up but when all the characters sang a new version of "Rainbow Connection" I lost it

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
New ones from The Muppets: The photos of Jim in Kermit's office had me close to tearing up but when all the characters sang a new version of "Rainbow Connection" I lost it
Same. The Rainbow Connection is such a great song and to watch all the preformers do it together, old and new. It was kinda awesome. When you think about it some members from the original show would be preforming that along side memebers that have only begun their time with the company. It's pretty cool when you think about it that way. It's kinda like their passing it on . . . passing on the magic from one generation to another. Kinda like some of the younger fans *cough* me *cough* *cough* had our parents do.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
I seem to get all chocked up when Kermit makes his speech to the gang after they lose at the end of telethon in the new Muppets film. When Kermit tells them all that it doesn't matter they lost all that matters is that they are together as a family and they can restart together....then as soon as Kermit walks out of the Muppet theater he is surprisingly welcomed by the thousands of fans out on the streets with cheers!

LOVE IT!