The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I totally understand what you mean. For me though it's one character that gets to me that way. Wembly. I really understand him at this point in my life. I don't want to decide and yet I know I have to. What I decide to do now affects me forever and affects my siblings forever. I don't want to leave my friends or my home behind for college but if I find a college that really meets the needs of what I want to do I'm going to want to leave but I won't.
See the wembling?
30 minute work week sorta is getting to me now. I'll watch it to remind myself I'm getting close to that point in life and I'll hug my little Wembly doll close at night and cry sometimes while I draw or read. I hold close to my art and remind myself that's who I am supposed to be. To remind myself that I don't have to wemble I know who I am and what I want . . . I just am so like him. I want to please everyone.
So, watching Wembly reminds me that we both know what we want it's just getting it that's the hard part. Sometimes it's nice. It's nice to have a kindred spirit even if it is a puppet, if you follow me.
I love Wembley! I wemble myself too sometimes (okay often). I feel so much compassion for him in Gone But Not Forgotten, A Tune For Two, and We Love You Wembley.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I love Wembley! I wemble myself too sometimes (okay often). I feel so much compassion for him in Gone But Not Forgotten, A Tune For Two, and We Love You Wembley.
Yeah. I love those episodes too. A Tune For Two is beautiful! :smile: I love that episode [mostly because Children of Tomorrow is the most amazing song ever]

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah. I love those episodes too. A Tune For Two is beautiful! :smile: I love that episode [mostly because Children of Tomorrow is the most amazing song ever]
I love that song as well, as a matter of fact I just posted it in a reply to bingboingcutie's post in misinforming superfood. (It's such a relevant song that I believe even non-Fraggle fans should listen to. No shows today seem to promote peace as much as Fraggles did.) They suppport getting along in both A Tune For Two and Fraggle Wars.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I love that song as well, as a matter of fact I just posted it in a reply to bingboingcutie's post in misinforming superfood. (It's such a relevant song that I believe even non-Fraggle fans should listen to. No shows today seem to promote peace as much as Fraggles did.) They suppport getting along in both A Tune For Two and Fraggle Wars.
Fraggle Wars was a great episode that is so powerful and yet sends the message in an appropriate way.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Fraggle Wars was a great episode that is so powerful and yet sends the message in an appropriate way.
Right, because it shows what war is like, but still no Fraggles really act out of character (World's Oldest Fraggle is always that way)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah. Totally.
You gotta love World's Oldest he's like nuts :big_grin:
I think I like him, because he's one of the only Fraggles that doesn't worry about being kind to a fault, he just bops Henchy on the nose, and does whatever the heck he wants.

robodog

Reaction score
I'm going to say this point blank. For the most part I think the way most people worship celebrities is idiotic. Most of these yahoos are shallow idiots who think just because they get paid millions to act in front of a camera their opinions matter more than the rest of us.
But there are exceptions. When Jim Henson died I knew then that the world became a darker place. Unlike most celebrities, Jim actually mattered. His work was amazing. It had a lot of heart and soul and again unlike many celebrities the world was generally a better place just by having Jim Henson in it.
There are two men you never want to badmouth around me. Not if you want to walk away with your guts intact. One is of course Jim Henson. The other is Charles Schulz. Both men inspired me throughout my entire childhood and the deaths of both men hurt me deeply. When they died a part of me died with them.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm going to say this point blank. For the most part I think the way most people worship celebrities is idiotic. Most of these yahoos are shallow idiots who think just because they get paid millions to act in front of a camera their opinions matter more than the rest of us.
But there are exceptions. When Jim Henson died I knew then that the world became a darker place. Unlike most celebrities, Jim actually mattered. His work was amazing. It had a lot of heart and soul and again unlike many celebrities the world was generally a better place just by having Jim Henson in it.
There are two men you never want to badmouth around me. Not if you want to walk away with your guts intact. One is of course Jim Henson. The other is Charles Schulz. Both men inspired me throughout my entire childhood and the deaths of both men hurt me deeply. When they died a part of me died with them.
I love both Kermit and Charlie Brown, so both deaths make me feel emotional. I always was upset when I found out Roald Dahl autor of Charlie and The Choclate Factory, Shel Silverstein the poet, and Walt Disney were dead. Most of which died before I was even born.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
There are three Muppet moments that bring tears to my eyes. The first would be the grand finale song in MTM when the whole Muppet group is singing in the church. I don't know why it gets to me, but it does (just like the finale of TMM). It's just a sweet touching moment. What can I say, I'm a sap. LOL The second would be when the Sesame Street gang had to explain to Big Bird that Mr. Hooper wasn't coming back to his store because he had died. Horrible. :frown: And last, again would have Big Bird as he sang "Bein' Green" at Jim's memorial. I had read about it in 1990 but didn't get to see it until someone posted it on Youtube. Very touching.