Voiceless (Dedicated to Richard Hunt)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Great update I loved how they tried to explain this to :halo: and how he reacted in his own way of compassion.

Great update overal to this wonderful tribute storyline of yours. Please do keep up the good work. :smile:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Although I do wonder why Zoot's being so bold all of a sudden. Something on his mind?
I was a bit confused at this statement, as I thought I wrote Zoot acting like himself. Then I remembered that, so far, all of what I've seen of Zoot has been from season 1, specifically the "At the Dance" skits. :wink: Let's just say that Zoot channels his season 1 self during a crisis, haha.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Well Ozy, another moving, bittersweet tribute chapter. I like how you wrote the band as being so close, and Animal's comforting Janice was wonderful. I also noticed that you wrote Hilda...bravo! How I love obscure characters, even in something painful like this. I might also mention (but don't take it to hard or as a criticism) Sweetums was voiced by Richard too. Maybe you mentioned it and I missed it, but I noticed he was talking and I just thought I'd point it out. Amazing, amazing stuff...

blackaerin

Reaction score
I was a bit confused at this statement, as I thought I wrote Zoot acting like himself. Then I remembered that, so far, all of what I've seen of Zoot has been from season 1, specifically the "At the Dance" skits. :wink: Let's just say that Zoot channels his season 1 self during a crisis, haha.
Yeah, I recognized that blunt somewhat cranky tone from 1st season and honestly I like that explanation that Zoot reverts to that stage when the chips are down. I miss crotchety 1st season Zoot, he was so fun.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Sweetums was voiced by Richard too. Maybe you mentioned it and I missed it, but I noticed he was talking and I just thought I'd point it out. Amazing, amazing stuff...
Actually, that wasn't Sweetums growling, that was Rowlf. Sweetums just overheard it. That's ok, I just need to clarify that a bit further. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Very well done! The confusion, the comfort, the impatience...all very normal emotions, and all well portrayed. Yeah, I wondered about Zoot too, but I like the idea that there's a resilient bit of foam in there when the fur hits the fan. Curious what else Gonzo could possibly know about Beakie right now? I'm sure even Bunsen would want to extend sympathy... Keep going please! :smile:
-----------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just got up to speed on this one. It is an interesting idea for a story, and at first I wasn't sure that I wanted to read something gloomy and sad. (I know it goes against the usual tide, but I'm not a big fan of the Dark Side of fan fiction.) But I dropped back in on the story tonight and I like what you've done with it. Like many things muppet, sometimes you just don't want to overthink the specifics of the relationship between our felt friends and their special someones. (Like when you realize that one of Piggy's closest "relatives" is Animal....)
The things I liked best were probably Kermit actually taking decisive leadership. That's not happened in a show in, well, since Kermit found himself in the situation Scooter is in in your story. I always had a soft spot for the crabby, cantankerous, dictatorial Kermit, especially when he was bossing everyone around. And I was interested to see where you were going with the cell phone but you covered it nicely.
I also liked the way Kermit reached out to Scooter. I've always seen that as a bit of a father-figure sort of relationship and you did a sensitive job without making Scooter look weak. Also, I like that Kermit was the one to initiate the hug--Kermit's not usually a hug initiator--but it was entirely appropriate here. I also liked Fozzie's protectiveness of Kermit, which is another of my weaknesses.
I can tell you're going somewhere with it story-wise, but I disliked Honeydew's insensitivity toward Beaker, so I look forward to seeing you resolve that. Honeydew has always been physically insensitive to Beaker, but I want to think that Bunsen would rise to the occasion when the emotional toll of Beaker's loss was so high. I will watch to see where you take this!
Oh, and welcome! The more the merrier, especially here on the fanfic board!

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Ok, so I've just had a not-so-good, emotionally draining day (where I had to say goodbye to my grandparents as they head home...on the other side of the country :sympathy:), but then I come to this thread, start spazzing when I see that more people have reviewed, then REALLY start spazzing when I was reading through Ruahnna's and newsmanfan's reviews. This has made my entire day! Thank you! :big_grin:

@ Newsmanfan: I <3 deadpan snarker Season 1 Zoot, so of course he had to appear somehow. :big_grin: I'm really excited to write that Gonzo/Bunsen conversation scene (as it was one of the scenes I had in mind even before I was planning the fic), and I will be laughing the entire time as Dave Goelz is essentially talking to himself.

@ Ruahnna: THANK YOU SO MUCH! :smile: My jaw dropped when I saw that you reviewed, then dropped even farther when I read it. I'm so glad that, even though you don't usually read dark fiction (which is perfectly cool, as I'm somewhat similar), you took the time to read this (the same goes to the rest of you guys as well, you're all awesome!) I am REALLY glad that you liked my characterization of Kermit, and trust me, I do have something in store for Bunsen and Beaker. Bunsen's not so much insensitive as he is a bit of a jerk at first (something that I found did occasionally happen in the show, such as in "Elevator Shoes"), then rather confused, then worried (when he ran after Beaker).

Thank you as well for the greeting! :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
this is a beautiful, moving and touching story, Ozymandias. May I call you Ozy, for short? I have been enthralled with this story from the get go, just hadn't had the chance to comment until today on it.

I'm intrigued as to what will be going on between Gonzo and Bunsen. Those two do share the same Muppeteer, so something may come of that. Zoot did seem a little off at first, but when I popped in TMSS1, it really became quite clear the tone that he would be coming across as. I'm personally used to sleepy, seems-to-be-perpetually-high Zoot.

Please, please post more when you are able too!