Muppety Doodles

blackaerin

Reaction score
Phew, this thread looks a bit abandoned. Dusty too.
Not to worry! For I have managed to get off my lazy arse and draw Muppets!

Just me doodling my fav Muppets for a meme I saw floating around on DevArt. (which I hope to finish... sometime this year. :\ )
I don't know why, but I seem to have an odd fascination for background/minor/oneshot Muppets. Especially, Trumpet/Trombone Girl, she baffles me. Everyone else is pretty self explanatory, how the heck did she end up as one of my favorites when she had only one line in the entire show? And yet I have parts of her backstory already in my head, named her Alice and paired her up with Lips.
Ah well, I was pretty happy that they brought her, Nigel, Lips, and Strangepork back for the movie. Now if only they could've snuck in Pops as well...

Oh and last note, if there's ever a crime these guys are guilty of committing, it's for confusing poor artists like me with them never making up their mind as to how tall they are. Darn you Muppets and your fluctuating heights!

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*looks at all the pretty art*

*tries to scrape jaw off the floor*

Zoot! Bunsen and Beaker! Electric Mayhem! Trumpet girl! Bunsen on his own! Robin! *foams, flails, and spazzes*

:big_grin:

Have I mentioned that you are insanely talented and that I'm jealous of your art skills? Because I am, and you are. This is awesome.

blackaerin

Reaction score
Love how Robin is perched on top of Rowlf's head!
Aw thanks! Just one of the perks of being small and having so many nice tall friends, you get the best seats! :smile:
And might I add, that I love that you have Nigel as your avatar?

*looks at all the pretty art*

*tries to scrape jaw off the floor*

Zoot! Bunsen and Beaker! Electric Mayhem! Trumpet girl! Bunsen on his own! Robin! *foams, flails, and spazzes*

:big_grin:

Have I mentioned that you are insanely talented and that I'm jealous of your art skills? Because I am, and you are. This is awesome.
Oh stop, now you've gone and got me blushing!:flirt: You are far too kind Ozzy! :big_grin:

Yes, Bunsen on his own! Everyone tends to forget about Bunsen in favor of Beaker, but I find him a wonderful character by himself. He's so cheerily oblivious despite his vast wealth of knowledge yet he's very passionate about his work. And yes, even though his experiments turn out not so great on Beaker's behalf, he's still pretty nice to him. Plus, I adore his hissing laugh. Tss, tss, tss, tss!

Misskermie

Reaction score
I love all your drawings! Everyone draws better than me!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
And might I add, that I love that you have Nigel as your avatar?
I was watching the Kaye Ballard episode of TMS, and really liked the scene where Rowlf and Nigel play the theme song together, and I get bored with keeping one avatar for too long, so there's that.

Plus I swear he looks just like a Fraggle.

Lily

Reaction score
You. Are. Amazing. 'Nuff said. If I didn't know this was fan art, I'd swear it was actual concept art for the Muppets. Awesome work, and you have yet another admirer to add to your ever growing list! <3

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Oh stop, now you've gone and got me blushing!:flirt: You are far too kind Ozzy! :big_grin:

Yes, Bunsen on his own! Everyone tends to forget about Bunsen in favor of Beaker, but I find him a wonderful character by himself. He's so cheerily oblivious despite his vast wealth of knowledge yet he's very passionate about his work. And yes, even though his experiments turn out not so great on Beaker's behalf, he's still pretty nice to him. Plus, I adore his hissing laugh. Tss, tss, tss, tss!
Your welcome. :big_grin:

Glad to see another Bunsen fan here, I love that guy for all the rasons above and then some. :big_grin: He and Beaker have been duking it out in my mind for the title of "Ozy's Favorite Muppet" ever since I watched that one episode of Muppets Tonight where Beaker leaves on a Star Trek cruise and meets George Takei (also known as the BEST MUPPETS TONIGHT EPISODE EVER), and Bunsen basically admitted in the beginning of the episode that he was lonely, and he didn't really belong with the others. I really identified with that (as I was in a very similar situation growing up), and it was the first time I really identified with a Muppet on a personal level, so he and Beaker are now tied for my favorite character. Seeing him with Beaker makes me smile; seeing him on his own is even better because it's rare that it happens.

blackaerin

Reaction score
You. Are. Amazing. 'Nuff said. If I didn't know this was fan art, I'd swear it was actual concept art for the Muppets. Awesome work, and you have yet another admirer to add to your ever growing list! <3
Oh wow, that really makes me happy to read that! Thank you so much for the kind words! :smile:

Your welcome. :big_grin:

Glad to see another Bunsen fan here, I love that guy for all the rasons above and then some. :big_grin: He and Beaker have been duking it out in my mind for the title of "Ozy's Favorite Muppet" ever since I watched that one episode of Muppets Tonight where Beaker leaves on a Star Trek cruise and meets George Takei (also known as the BEST MUPPETS TONIGHT EPISODE EVER), and Bunsen basically admitted in the beginning of the episode that he was lonely, and he didn't really belong with the others. I really identified with that (as I was in a very similar situation growing up), and it was the first time I really identified with a Muppet on a personal level, so he and Beaker are now tied for my favorite character. Seeing him with Beaker makes me smile; seeing him on his own is even better because it's rare that it happens.
Oh goodness, I just watched that episode out of curiosity, and he was so adorkable in that episode! (I laughed at the bodybuilder outfit, goodness Bunsen is ripped under that labcoat! Who would've thunk it? :wink: )
But yeah, I can totally identify with Bunsen in the socially awkward department: passionate of work yet terrible people skills. But I do admire his perseverance and willingness to change and experience some "adventure" instead of just moping about his predicament. It's lovely character development and makes me an even bigger Bunsen fan.