TV Alert: Muppets at the 84th Academy Awards on ABC

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
So very happy and proud about THE MUPPETS' big win!! Maybe they'll put a banner on the DVD/Blu-Ray... "Academy Award Winner: Best Original Song ('Man or Muppet')"!! haha.

zoebell

Reaction score
well, i actually thought it was loads better than last year's show, which was dreadful. so i was just relieved about that. and i was happy to see meryl streep win again after almost 30 years, but i do wish kermit and piggy could have said more. but they looked adorable!

Alvin

Reaction score
Yeah I kept waiting for him to thank Jason too...but, seeing Jason's reaction...I think that said it all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I enjoyed a lot of the non-Muppet stuff, like the "Wizard of Oz test audience" bit and the part where somebody (was it Billy Crystal or someone else?) guesed what people in the audience were thinking based on their facial expressions (too bad Kermit and Piggy weren't included there... Though it would have been good if Statler and Waldorf were used there... Since none of them spoke in that scene, they wouldn't have needed Dave Goelz to perform Waldorf). One of the winners (whom I am unfamiliar with) gave a funny line: "When I came out of my mother's womb I was rehearsiing my acceptance speech". That was funny, but the follow-up line, "but I forgot it", wasn't.

LaraP

Reaction score
I'm glad they included Kermit and Piggy, but IMO they could've used them MORE throughout the show, to keep things fun and funny. Also, I absolutely believe the Oscar show's producers totally missed a GOLDEN (so to speak) opportunity to use Statler and Waldorf in the balcony. Was actually thinking it might happen. Sadly, no. I did find Kermie and Piggy listed among the "best quotes" from the 2012 Oscars here:

http://www.ranker.com/list/funny-oscars-2012-quotes/movie-and-tv-quotes

Voted them up. Last I looked, Piggy's quote was LAST -- but Bret McKenzie's from the acceptance speech was ranked much higher.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I enjoyed a lot of the non-Muppet stuff, like the "Wizard of Oz test audience" bit and the part where somebody (was it Billy Crystal or someone else?)
That was one of the few good fillers. But you usually get a good performance out of Christopher Guest and company.

But anyone else feel the entire event was a commercial to get everyone to go to the movies? You don't get them there by having Cirque du Solame do some completely pointless display (how many of you heard Krusty the Klown in the back of your mind saying "what the He(ck) was that?!?")... you get them to go by slashing ticket prices to 7 bucks.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
(how many of you heard Krusty the Klown in the back of your mind saying "what the He(ck) was that?!?")... .
Didn't need to picture it.... Billy Crystal almost said that himself before a quick save... I could tell he wasn't impressed