Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear

mo

Reaction score
I was a bit bored today but then I watched simon smith and his dancing bear...wow I don't know why but I just fly funny when I heard it...I haven't seen that song for months and it just reminds me of...christmas which is weird because the last time I heard it was in november...

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
OH YEAH! I remember that from the Muppet show! Didn't Richard Hunt and Frank Oz sing it at Jim Henson's funeral?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's one of my favorite numbers from the show; really funny.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Great old Randy Newman tune. Okkervil River has a much more somber take on it:

Reactions: mo

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute... This video isn't allowed in my country? Weird.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I never got the song in the show. Origianally, Scooter was supposed to perform with Muppy (the dog) so it was supposed to be "Simon Smith and his Dancing Dog" at last minute Fozzie takes over and now it's called "Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear" and everything rymes with bear. How fast can Scooter come up with new lyrics to fix the whole song? Unless the original song wasn't supposed to rhyme.....?

Kermoot

Reaction score
I was looking for this video foor years after i saw the song on my season 1 dvd and i could not find it but here it is so thank you! :big_grin: