Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

I never got the song in the show. Origianally, Scooter was supposed to perform with Muppy (the dog) so it was supposed to be "Simon Smith and his Dancing Dog" at last minute Fozzie takes over and now it's called "Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear" and everything rymes with bear. How fast can Scooter come up with new lyrics to fix the whole song? Unless the original song wasn't supposed to rhyme.....?

mo

Reaction score
I never got the song in the show. Origianally, Scooter was supposed to perform with Muppy (the dog) so it was supposed to be "Simon Smith and his Dancing Dog" at last minute Fozzie takes over and now it's called "Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear" and everything rymes with bear. How fast can Scooter come up with new lyrics to fix the whole song? Unless the original song wasn't supposed to rhyme.....?
that's what i thought when i first saw it...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
that's what i thought when i first saw it...
Muppet Wiki explains the origins of the song:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_Smith_and_the_Amazing_Dancing_Bear

Misskermie

Reaction score
I did this with a friend for a talent show! Except, we changed it to "Sara Smith" LOL