New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm from Delaware and was fortunate to visit over there (was anyway). Been to both too. Here's the image that I'm thinking. I think he only crashed like this at Disneyland's.

The building at DisneyLand actually looks very diffrent from the one at Disney World. The one at Disney World is the original one, (the one that Jim built) modeled after the Muppet Theater.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Welcome in Karamazova! Neat screenname. Suddenly I am picturing the Russian Cossack pigs dancing from TMS... :concern:

---------------

Zeliboba

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I am from Russia (which is why my nickname references one of the muppets from a Russian 'Sesame Street' co-production), and I've known the muppets since childhood, when they used to show 'The Muppet Show' and 'Fraggle Rock' on Russian TV (that was around early 90's, as far as I remember). I don't remember much of what I saw then as I was just a little kid, and I'm sure I didn't understand much either (that was partly due to my young age at that time, and in part due to the fact that the Russian translation was pretty bad and I couldn't speak English then), but I remember falling instantly in love with those creatures. Unfortunately, soon after that they stopped airing these shows on Russian TV ('Sesame Street' appeared in my country when I was already in high school), and I grew up and forgot about them too.

But just several years ago I rediscovered the muppets and the whole world of Henson productions thanks to DVDs and Internet, and hey - now I'm 27, I have a university degree and I'm a muppet fan!

I also have to say I really enjoy being at this forum, which seems like a great place for the muppet fans to have fun and share their muppet appreciation.

PS: And please excuse my English if I make any mistakes, since I'm not a native speaker.

Lucy281

Reaction score
Hello.

I recently got into the Muppets. I am 14 yr old kid but I already knew what Muppets were since I was 6 yrs old.I hope you all accept me here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*runs into thread and trips over penguin* I'm ok!

Ahem...

I'm Sarge, here to officially welcome you to MC!

Zeliboba, we have lots of members here who's first language is not english, so no worries there. Lucy, we accept people of all ages. You certainly are not the youngest member here. You are never too young or too old for the muppets!

So enjoy your stay, and watch out for flying muffins and penguins.

*Sprays Newsie-be-Gone* Haha, now you can't steal my thunder!

We are all crazy here :stick_out_tongue:

Hayley B

Reaction score
Welcome Zeliboba and Lucy to Muppet Central.

Nice to get to know you more Zeliboba. Wow, all the way from Russia. I've been told that they have a Walt Disney Museum there. Looking forward to seeing you post more. :smile:

Lucy- I hope that you enjoy Muppet Central as much as I have. They are indeed major freaks and I am no angel to that myself. But there nice. :smile:

Lucy281

Reaction score
Thanks you two for welcoming me. I am sure I will enjoy it here. :fanatic:

cookietribe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a long time Sesame Street, Jim Henson and Cookie Monster fan. I have a few detailed memories of watching Sesame Street when I was a child, and later in my life I started to rediscover video clips on the internet before and after youtube arrived.

My favorite muppet is Cookie Monster, he has many different sides to his personality which not everyone is aware of so he's not just some deranged cookie addict like some would believe. :insatiable: My favorite Henson film would be the Dark Crystal, which is really a unique film in many ways. Oscar, Grover, Animal, Beaker and a few others are also among my favorites, and of course I despise Elmo in a half-joking half-serious manner... :laugh:

I have read here and there over the years about people trading old vhs tapes of Sesame Street episodes and such, and was wondering if anyone has any links for more info about the history of that as well as the most recent methods of trading? I've seen various clips on the internet, and every now and then some clips disappear and reappear on youtube.

What are the best ways and places for a fan to search for clips and writing to the correct people to try and ask for dvds? I see they didn't continue the Old School re-releases and releasing all the seasons would be too much work it seems. I will do a search for relevant threads but thought I'd introduce myself first, thanks for making this fun forum for the muppet fans!

Hayley B

Reaction score
:sing: " C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me!"

Welcome to the Muppet Central, cookietribe. I love that you are a fan of Cookie Monster. Have you ever seen this Colbert Report? Where Stephen Colbert argues with Cookie Monster? It was really funny.

Also love to know another Animal fan too.

I hope that you enjoy this place. :smile: