New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilos

Reaction score
I am curious too. I would not be checking here multiple times a day if I was not. I bet we will know more by summer or fall at the latest.

It depends on when Stoller and Bobin have interviews for other projects. Thats when stuff comes out. Or Disney makes an official announcement of when shooting begins and/or a release date.

basicallygood

Reaction score
Oh gosh this is so exciting!! I haven't been a fan of many other Disney sequels, but I have a feeling anything involving The Muppets, Stoller and Bobin will be fantastic. At least I hope so. :big_grin:

Wachusk

Reaction score
Im just so grateful ANYTHING is happening:smile: I cant wait to see the next films!

Avilos

Reaction score
I am posting a lot today....

In terms of the pace and time needed to write and development of the script. That matters. But it's clear that with the Muppets a lot of that is fine tuned with the actual performers on set. The Muppeteers have a huge influence on what happens. I am guessing they were the ones who suggested Pepe be the one in the scene with Piggy. So I think a script with the Muppets is probably more of an outline than other films.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
What can we say we're devoted Muppets fans! Hopefully they won't have any tough competition against any annoying franchies like *cough and gags* "Twilight" :boo: when it comes to the box office. Even though they were only 2nd behind Twilight I still wanted them to be no.1 :/

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the Muppets do do a "Mad Mad World"-style movie, I'll be surprised if it's the next film. It's confirmed that it'll have some sort of "connective tissue" to the last film, so I assume that means they'll all know each other already, and I feel like such a film would require many of the Muppets to once again not know each other yet. That doesn't mean they ALL shouldn't know each other, and I feel Kermit and Piggy should already know each other from the start. But each subgroup of characters should know each other in their respective groups and not anyone else -- Let's say one group would include Kermit and Piggy, another Fozzie and Rowlf (or Fozzie and Bobo), another The Electric Mayhem (with or without Lips... Though I'd prefer Lips), another Bunsen and Beaker, another Gonzo, Rizzo, and Camilla, another Scooter, Walter, and Pepe, and perhaps a group consisting of Sam the Eagle, Lew Zealand, Link Hogthrob, and Beauregard.

I wonder if the next film will have many nods to past Muppet productions. The Muppets is the first theatrical film to really have all sorts of references, even though it feels like the amount of references were smaller than expected (though it seems The Muppets had more references to the past than The Simpsons Movie did). Though the non-theatrical Kermit's Swamp Years and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie also had their share of references to past productions.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Having a little faith in the production process paid off last time so I'm going with that track record instead of some hypothetical one of what could go wrong. I do believe that some feedback is digested. In fact, I think that's what the Mayhem's Kimmel appearance was all about. But in the end, they've got a creative team that will do what they think is best. I think an exciting sleuthing adventure is very Muppety and it presents endless opportunities for the Muppets to shine.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I also hope Piggy and Kermit are already together as well...we already went through that with this movie. LOL!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some more Muppet movie news today, this time involving Walter and Kermit in the upcoming film...

New Muppet Walter Will Be ‘Heavily Involved’ in the Sequel

Jason Segel's character Gary won't return for the sequel to The Muppets, but what of Walter, the new Muppet that Segel and co-writer Nicholas Stoller invented for the movie? "Walter is coming back," Stoller reassured us last night at the premiere of his new movie The Five-Year Engagement. "Come on, you saw the first one, right? The arc of the story was, 'Am I a man or a Muppet?' Gary chose 'I am a man.' So if you were making something called The Mannets, Gary would be in that. Walter chose to be a Muppet. He realized he's a Muppet." But will Walter be shuffled into the Muppets' deep bench, or will he be a plot driver in the sequel? "He is not making a cameo," said Stoller. "He is heavily involved in the story." Still, Muppet purists shouldn't fret about the focus: "It's in the early stages, so everything could change, but right now it's a Kermit-centric story, as a lot of the original movies were." Hi ho!

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/new-muppet-will-be-heavily-involved-in-sequel.html?mid=rss

Frogster

Reaction score
Some more Muppet movie news today, this time involving Walter and Kermit in the upcoming film...
This is great news to hear, and I'm thrilled they're at it, but taking their time on it is what made "The Muppets" such a hit in November. Secondly, with Walter being heavily involved and new Muppets being brought in, will characters like Link, Lew Zealand, Janice, Sam Eagle, Bunsen and others get their due spots in the movie? Save for Walter, Clueless Morgan and Ghost of Christmas Present, bringing in new Muppets haven't always been the best idea, and the first 2 movies didn't have any newbies, and Gil, Bill and Jill were pretty cardboard, although funny for what they were meant to do. Any chance they'd be willing to listen to Muppet fans in terms of writing the new script?

I want Janice to have another awkward moment when others get silent :flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.