New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think we all pretty much know Kermit is gonna the main sequence I mean come on. But I emphasis what I said when all this news first broke was that it's way too early and storylines get written changed and thrown out all the time. I personally wish they'd just come back with news when they have a script green lit *no pun to Kermit there* and have an actual date of when shooting will start instead of just teasing the living daylights out of us by just little details.

zoebell

Reaction score
well i guess i'm a little surprised that walter will feature "heavily"

i was half-expecting him to just be one of the gang next time around, with maybe just a couple lines. i still assume he won't have that big a part though. he can't have a bigger part than fozzie or piggy for example. i'd be surprised if that happened.

i'm glad it's kermit-centric but that's to be expected. i suppose it's a relief actually, because non kermit-centric movies were the ones from the late 90's that i did not like (MFS and MTI)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well in a way I can understand why Walter would be because he is a 'NEW' character and it wouldn't really make much sense to just give him a minor role...I mean you gotta kinda show him how he's fitting in with the group so that part I can understand. And I think it's safe to say since Kermit being the other main centric which again I'd figure so that Piggy and the rest are sure to follow. But again like Nick said it's too early and they could decide to do something else...I say we probably won't know more on a script till the end of summer early fall.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Or... how's about a new Muppet Show, Disney? Pretty please? Man, I'd love to have a new Muppet-Mayhem fix every week! :wink: That is, as long as the writing was absolutely magnificent of course. :big_grin: Cheers!
Is that what Nick was talking about in his interview. He said he wrote a pilot episode, but he didn't say of what.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Some more Muppet movie news today, this time involving Walter and Kermit in the upcoming film...
Now that's what I wanna hear! More Walter! :fanatic: I just hope they don't rush this movie. The fact that Disney wants them out so quickly is great. But I'm worried Disney is gonna rush them.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As long as Walter doesn't over power the other Muppets and I mean that, that I hope they give the other Muppets their time to shine. With Kermit being the exception I hope the others are given more screen time like Rowlf, Gonzo, Electric Mayhem, etc. I don't include Piggy in that because if Kermit is the main centric then she'll just follow into that category. I like Walter don't get me wrong but the others deserve to be more in the front as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as this being a "rush job," there are possible pros and cons. With a franchise like this that has been out of the public eye for awhile and now has been building up so much momentum, you do need to strike before the excitement dies down. At the same time, you can't let a rush job lead to an inferior story.

Status
Not open for further replies.