New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All the major cable news channel have a bit of a bias. Ideally the truth is in there somewhere in between but it's a tricky thing. All the yelling during the debates is for the benefit of the audience. It's entertainment, it's Television.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So what? At least it would have a good message. :smile:
I dunno if I already said this, but somehow I half expected Bunsen and Beaker would come out at the end of the movie and give Tex Richman an experimental fuel that was better than oil in exchange for the theater.

Still, Kermit didn't ask the government for a bail out, I don't see why they needed to complain about it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yea Fox news might get angry again. Don't want that happening again.
I agree. We all know that most media has some form of bias, but Fox News' full-fledged agenda has been exposed countless times. That's much different. They are the worst offender of exaggerating or completely inventing a problem and then creating a polarizing urgency encouraging viewers to pick a side. It's as addictive as it is toxic. The network is a bully and I have no patience for bullies. I won't discuss by disdain for the network further except to say that they have no chance of earning back any respect from me until they apologize for their effort to grab ratings by slandering the Muppets. They also have a rather ruthless and disturbing pattern of behavior concerning Sesame Street too. The Muppets bring joy to the world. Fox News network brings pointless anger for the sake of ratings. /soapbox

That being said, I think Disney will want to steer clear from any perceived controversial themes in the new Muppet movie. Fox was the only market neglected by Muppet Domination because the marketing executives wisely decided to ignore the created controversy rather potentially damaging the film's earnings by feeding the lunacy. I suspect the Muppets will want to promote the next film on all news networks including Fox.

I'm just anxious to hear the pitch and title for this film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to go into the depths of how worrisome that any movie featuring a corrupt rich guy as a villain is now considered commie propaganda (then a lot of biblical stories would be considered too... just sayin'), I won't. But the sheer ridiculousness of slandering family media for the sake of pushing an extremist propaganda should have everyone's eyes open about how we get our information.

I mean, is there some left wing group whining about Iron Man? I mean, the character WAS legitimately created to tick hippies off.

But someone's going to have a problem with whatever the plotline is, extremists on the right and left. People who (again, left and right) so batcrackers crazy, they think everyone should wear tin foil helmets to keep anything they disagree with out of their heads. I'm sure if the Swedish Chef has a more prominent role, PETA's going to whine about him trying to cook meat.

Like they said in the Bloom Country comic strip (about Batman Returns)... America. A wonderful country to get your panties in a bunch.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm sure if the Swedish Chef has a more prominent role, PETA's going to whine about him trying to cook meat.
What about all the fridge veggies he killed with his flame thrower?​
Muppet veggies unite! :hungry:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okayyyyyy...anyways...I can't wait to hear more details about the new movie. I personally don't give two cents about what any of the media especially Fox news thinks.

In the end it was the muppets who had the last maniacal laugh. :big_grin:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't think it would, because compared to some of those other projects he green-lit, the Muppets are much more affordable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doesn't really sound like he was that involved with any Muppet project, and John Carter is in that article a number of times so...

At any rate, a sequel to a movie that cost 45 million bucks that made almost 89 million domestically is going to be a no brainier. They're going to keep going with this until it's a substantial loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.