Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Walter White

Reaction score
The solicitation for issue 2 has been released. The issue is due to come out in August.

MUPPETS #2 (of 4)
Written by ROGER LANGRIDGE
Art by ROGER LANGRIDGE
Paint by KAWAII CREATIVE STUDIO
Cover by ELISABETTA MELARANCI & GIANLUCA BARONE
• It’s loads of summer fun in the sun when the Muppets throw a beach party extravaganza!
• When Fozzie gets an offer he can’t refuse, he leaves Scooter high and dry without a partner for his act. Can Scooter find a replacement for his routine? Can Fozzie overcome his homesickness and perform for his new troupe?
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99
And the cover

j3h

Reaction score
Nice!
Can not wait!

Not exactly fond of the cover though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Statler and Waldorf's look... not exactly fond of Fozzie. Too bad Roger didn't get a chance to do covers for all 4 issues... or at least give Amy Mebberson a call. I'm sure Shelli's busy with Adventure Time.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Not my favorite cover art, but I don't even care because I'm just ecstatic to have this last arc released!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Solicitation cover for "Fall"

Fall sets in at the Muppet Theater — and as the leaves change and the weather cools, longtime doorman Pops is being forced into retirement by the Stage Doorman’s Union.
• Can the Muppets find a way to keep Pops around? And what secret is his potential replacement hiding?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I took a brief look at the Comic at The Disney Store and thought the drawings were kind of bad, especially some characters having teeth. However if you look carefully you can see a bunch of rare characters from the shows and the humor is very close to the actual Muppet humor. I only read a page, so I might consider buying it someday. But only if the drawings were Muppet Show Book style, I would enjoy it more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I took a brief look at the Comic at The Disney Store and thought the drawings were kind of bad, especially some characters having teeth. However if you look carefully you can see a bunch of rare characters from the shows and the humor is very close to the actual Muppet humor. I only read a page, so I might consider buying it someday. But only if the drawings were Muppet Show Book style, I would enjoy it more.
Frog forbid that things can be stylized in someone's natural form of artwork.

Me? I'm glad they're not slavishly traced off of style guides. i read one comic too many that was like that for my taste.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So cool that Pops will be the focus of an issue. I guess he'll be the most minor character to get this kind of focus (unless one of the other issues surprisingly focuses on another minor character). Though I have a feeling Pops will be just as featured here (if not less) as Gonzo was in "Gonzo's Story".

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Frog forbid that things can be stylized in someone's natural form of artwork.

Me? I'm glad they're not slavishly traced off of style guides. i read one comic too many that was like that for my taste.
I agree. As an artist who doesn't always draw "on model" myself, I enjoy seeing other artists' stylistic interpretations of our beloved Muppets.