What sketches scared you as a kid?

crackmaster

Reaction score
Well, this scared me when I was little until I was about 4. I didn't like the end of the Sing Along video when the TV antenna made that "TWANG" noise and fell over. The noise was loud and startling. I was still able to watch that tape, but when "What's the Name of that Song?" came on, I'd either block my ears or go over and stop the tape. Here's the ending. I found this on YouTube

10Cakes
*TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!*
"Are you busy after the show?" :smile: :smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::confused::eek::big_grin: :sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::sleep::boo::cluck::skeptical::ouch: :news::crazy::oops::zany::electric::cry::scary::search::stick_out_tongue::frown::insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh::smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool::jim::fanatic: I feel mixed emotions! I'm feeling all the emotions I listed here! I'm feeling the emotions I feel today here! I feel emotions I'm feeling!

crackmaster

Reaction score
The scariest Sesame Street skit/sketch in the whole entire universe (for me) is when Oscar ate some rotten cookies and turned into a Handsome Prince. Oh, it was THAT scary! :concern::eek: When I heard and saw the skit starting up, I'd be like "Oh No!". And then I would run out of the room, with the channel changed to Channel 14 (the sports channel? For me, now, it is.) and hide in the family room (watching Channel 14, too. It was tuned to that by my brother and dad alot.). When it was done, my mom would call "Okay! It's all over now. The prince is over." OMG! IT WAS SCARY! WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS SHOULD BE KILLED! (not jim this was done in the '90s either early mid or late also it could be early 2000's).

Update:
I found out that this sketch was made in 2003. I remember seeing this alot from 2003-2007 (or 2008? oh yea it was 2008) I want to see this again to get over my fear. An image and a picture. Post now!
Oh, and a video too!

crackmaster

Reaction score
No it's not! It's actually great! I'm named after that skit!
"I am Crack Master!" 'The wall plaster crumbled to the floor. He'd destroyed himself, being mean. Camel, thank you for the ride. I'll see you again sometime, I'm gonna go back to the cracks someday.'

crackmaster

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you heard of a really scary "Sesame Street" episode from 1976 (episode 847) that had the Wicked Witch of the West in it (played by Margaret Hamilton). It was SO scary, CTW had to ban it after its initial airing! I wonder if they showed any of the scary "monster" skits or anything like that with it? But here's a game I made up: make up a list of skits that could be shown during a rerun of that episode! It will use the Wicked Witch street scenes and the following skits...

Kermit's B-Sound Lecture with the Beautiful Day Monster
Kermit's "In" Lecture with Grover and Fred the Dragon
Bob, Luis and the Zooming Train
Mysterious Theater: The Mystery of the Missing Cat
Ernie goes rock-hunting and meets up with Fred the Dragon
The "Count of 10" segment with Limbo
The "Red-Hot I" animated segment
How Now Brown and the Moo-Wave: Danger's No Stranger
The Count counts letters to himself

Anyone else got their own ideas for which skits should be shown with a rerun of the Wicked Witch episode? :zany:
the crack master skit (scariest one)

crackmaster

Reaction score
Son of Enik (big hug), :smile: You are very welcome.
You are far from being alone. Several years ago, I was on a now defunct posting board. On the board, we had a whole thread about Sammy and people who were afraid of him as children. I remember one girl posted that when he came on, she'd run out of the room and hide in her closet...and just to be a big pain, her bro would turn up the volume full blast so she'd have to hear him!
My sisters would tease me about being afraid of him, but they never went that far. Nevertheless, I still couldn't stand watching that clip. When I was a kid, I used to think he lived in our garage and was waiting in the wings to spring out at me someday. Then my mom explained to me that he lived in New York on Sesame Street and couldn't possibly be living in our garage. :smile: That didn't help ease my fears a bit, but I've got to hand it to mom for at least trying.
I don't know what it is about him..... He wasn't blatantly scary looking, but he was definitely scary to me. So, embrace your fear of Sammy and know you're not alone. :wink:
can you get a video of sammy on here?

crackmaster

Reaction score
Well, probably the following clips could be on it with Vincent Twice-Vincent Twice being the host, I'm not sure of the actual titles but:

* (Very vague to my memory but) The skit with a girl near cracks on a wall and she imagines the cracks turning into a monster.
I. LOVE. THAT. ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the DVD to be made now!!!!!!!!

galagr

Reaction score
Preety much any sketch with that old, ominous music. You know with some of the really early monster sketches that ominous music? Makes me shudder. The "world's greatest counter" Ernie and Bert also scared me. Bert running into the camera should make everyone scream with terror. I don't even wan't to think about it. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really a sketch, but "Elmo and the Lavendar Moon" bothered me to a degree as a kid, I found the song to be rather creepy.