Annoying Characters

bandit

Reaction score
Ahh now see, this is where we would disagree. I thought Felix was pretty funny. He's kind of a useless guy and....what kind of getup is tht he's wearing anyway?! He's like a viking with a coal miner's light on the horned helmet. Plus his voice cracks me up. As where...

I love Richard Hunt, I do. The man has such a great voice and he's a versatile performer....but I can't stand Junior. Blech!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay! I was wrong, bandit! Junior is annoying! (Groans) So I voted for you, because you're the one that won. Felix is funny, even though he is useless. His voice did make me laugh too. Ah ha! I love Richard Hunt, because he played on the rats that are part of the universe nyeahh! Those rats are hilarious Hahahaha! Which rat did he puppeteered and voiced as?

bandit

Reaction score
You know....I am never quite sure which is which. I think Gunge is grey and peformed by Richard Hunt and Philo is pink and performed by Dave Goelz. Those guys are great.

I always get to wondering about Marjorie's ethnicity. Jerry Nelson sure gave her a funny little accent....But then I remember she's a pile of talking trash and I go back to suspending disbelief.

Hmm you know who else I find really annoying? That AWFUL baby bird Wembly takes care of. His incessant 'Momma! Momma! Momma!!!!" Karen...please...@_@ Don't use that voice.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh yeah! The Baby Creature was annoying, but Wembley was still hilarious at his way when he tries to take good care of the creature. I'm glad Karen didn't used that anymore. Speaking of birds, I found out after I researched that Karen did Rockin' Robin for the song, "Rockin' Robin on the final season of the TMS.

bandit

Reaction score
Really? I knew she got her start somewhere around the last season of TMS but I haven't actually worked my way to it yet....Gonna be a while now that I have to redownload it all. *siiigh*

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You have to redownload everything (groans) That's too bad! Well, thanks for telling me that Gunge was played by Richard Hunt. Oh man! I miss him and Jim Henson too. (cries) WHYYYYYYYY?

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Hahahah! Awww you poor kid. But you know, he is kind of like the Taz of the Henson world. He's untamed, unbridled and he has such a wild look about him. Kids are either going to love him or hate him.....oh yeah, or be terrified.
That's a good comparison, Bandit. It reminded me of a MAD Magazine spoof of the WB Store Catalogue back in '99, which featured a Taz T-shirt with the caption: "I once expressed a thought (which I now regret) that I thought Taz was 'cool,' so my friends and family keep inundating me with shoddy merchandise featuring this overrated character." (Slight paraphrase)

There are days that I worry that Animal falls into that same category from either a merchandising or character-recognition factor, and yes, he's not for everybody.

Unlike Taz, however, I think Animal has been given the care and enthusiasm by the modern Muppet folks (especially Eric Jacobsen) that has allowed him to fit like a glove in modern pop culture. Taz looked dated by the '70s and '80s, but I have yet to see a post-Frank Oz use of Animal that I truly disliked.

He was especially amazing in the new movie (which took what could have been a very cheap anger-management gag and elevated it beyond my wildest expectations, climaxing with his "Rainbow Connection" comeback scene).

Animal isn't my go-to favourite Muppet of all time, but to me he has always been a wonderful ambassador for the Muppets' cheerful anarchy (best embodied by his devouring of the Lord Grade title card at the beginning of GMC) and I hope he'll be a focal point of Muppet productions for a long time.

ScooterLover

Reaction score
If ANY of you say Scooter, I will punch a pillow and scream at the top of my lungs.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
okay, just chill out! So if the go-fer is not your favorite, then what is your absolute favorite Muppet character, ScooterLover? Arrghhh! Why is that your secret code. Ohhhh!