Slackbot draws stuff

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
New here, first post. :coy:

Very nice drawing of Janken and Sage. Always looking forward to see what you'll draw next. You make Poncle so cute, she's adorable.

I read back a few pages, liked some of your pics you posted and to answer your question on Scooter Fraggle (hehe), maybe go with a darker orange color. But this being Janken's dream, I guess he could put any color on him. Fraggle fur though does tend to stay close to their skin color.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Ton Fraggle, dod you follow me here from DeviantArt? Whether you did or you didn't, welcome! And, yes, the "Scooter Fraggle" picture is meant to be part of a dream. Specifically, a dream that Scooter and Janken are sharing. Since Jan is the one doing the sharing he's more or less in charge, but Scooter could easily veto the species change of he found the fur coat uncomfortable. I like to imagine him with green fur because of his green jacket, especially since darker orange fur would be uncomfortably Gobo-esque.

MelissaTheDog

Reaction score
Wow, I love all your drawings! :smile:
You're a super good artist and an amazing writer, I can't wait to see what you'll be drawing next!

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Ton Fraggle, dod you follow me here from DeviantArt? Whether you did or you didn't, welcome!
Thanks. I just sort of followed the trail. :wink:

And, yes, the "Scooter Fraggle" picture is meant to be part of a dream. Specifically, a dream that Scooter and Janken are sharing. Since Jan is the one doing the sharing he's more or less in charge, but Scooter could easily veto the species change of he found the fur coat uncomfortable. I like to imagine him with green fur because of his green jacket, especially since darker orange fur would be uncomfortably Gobo-esque.
Even though they never did much with it on Fraggle Rock, I always found it so cool Fraggles could share dreams. So play time and social time didn't have to end when you went to bed, so to speak.

And I see your point in the green fur/green jacket for Scooter. It didn't cross my mind earlier, but you are right, he would sort of be Gobo look alike. If you end up making this one of your colored drawings, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, MelissaTheDog!

The Fraggles only shared dreams in Boober's Dream, but the Trash Heap made it sound as if it was not all that rare. I like to think that it's a very special thing between Fraggles who are very close. When you share a dream with someone, you're letting them into your mind. Talk about intimacy! The Fraggle Five are close enough for that, and Boober seems to be closest to Wembley so it makes sense that he asked for Wem's help first. (And that's why, in "Masks," Janken showed Scooter his family in a dream: he really wanted Scooter to be a part of him, so he opened his mind to him. Good thing it worked, otherwise Jan would've been so disappointed and Scooter would never have known why.)

A scene I considered but ultimately discarded because it was off message: Skeeter finds out about Fraggles sharing dreams, and how it worked even with Scooter. She asks Janken if she could try. Very uncomfortably he tells her that that's the kind of thing you don't just casually ask someone else to do, it's something that's offered, not asked for, and he just ain't that close to her. She backs off, not understanding what line she crossed.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Did I already say I like these? No? Than I'll say it: I LOVE THESE!
(ok, except Muppet snogging. That freaks me out)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Snog any Muppet or to Fraggle? That's silly! Who would be dumb enough to do that kind of trick. Just kidding! (laughs)! Thank you for posying! Well, what did you expect. The all-knowing Sackbot! Nyeahhhh!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Someone who loves a Fraggle or Muppet, and who finds that the feeling is mutual, is likely to do the snogging. Or be part of the snogging, as it's a mutual act.

Snog snog snog snog. (Geseundheit.)

Slackbot

Reaction score
Random note: at a party some weeks back I was doing face painting for kids. I had a doodle pad with me, and when I wasn't painting faces I drew little pics. One of 'em was a picture of Scooter, and the kids watching were delighted...and thought he was Arthur. Well, I do have a tendency to draw Scooter's clamshell head narrower than it should be, but I didn't think it was that bad! :smirk: