My Entire Muppet Palisades Collection

Should I sell my entire Palisades Muppet collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Thinking about parting ways with my entire Muppet Palisades Collection, it was awesome to collect and enjoy over the years however thinking about passing it on to someone else who would enjoy it as much as I have. I have 100 figures/playsets in total, entire series 1-9 sets including the Backstage Playset. All figures in mint in package, all packages are in really good/great shape with one exception (Rowlf's bubble has a small white smear on it), there are no price tags on any of the packages. I worked really hard on getting the best for the collection.
The complete list is:
Kermit
Miss Piggy
Miss Piggy (Variant)
Dr. Teeth
Dr. Teeth (WW Variant)
Bunsen
Muppet Labs
Fozzie Bear
Stuntman Gonzo
Floyd
Floyd (Variant)
Crazy Harry
Electric Mayhem
Rowlf
Scooter
Lew Zealand
Zoot
Zoot (Variant)
Swedish Kitchen (Red)
Swedish Kitchen (Blue)
Sam Arrow
Rizzo
Rizzo (Variant)
Link Hogthrob
Julius Strangepork
Gonzo
Pepe
Janice
Janice (Variant)
Newsman
Clifford
Clifford (Variant)
Patrol Bear
Statler
Waldorf
Swinetrek
Capt. Smollett
Robin
Johnny Fiama
Johnny Fiama (Variant)
Johnny Fiama (Variant 2)
Beauregard
Usher Scooter
Sam the Eagle
Sam the Eagle (Variant)
Phil Van Neuter
Marvin Suggs
Marvin Suggs (Variant)
Steppin Out Fozzie
Swedish Chef
Pops
Lips
Lips (Variant)
Lips (Variant 2)
Backstage
Tux Kermit
Vacation Fozzie
Vacation Fozzie (Variant)
Super Scooter
Vacation Pepe
Vacation Pepe (Variant)
Animal
Animal (Variant)
Animal (Variant 2)
Sweetums
Uncle Deadly
Uncle Deadly (Variant)
Uncle Deadly (Variant 2)
Penguins
Mega Beaker (Red)
Mega Beaker (Blue)
Mega Animal
Mega Gonzo
Invisible Beaker
Half-Invisible Beaker
Holiday Kermit
Black Jacket Rizzo (NY)
Black Jacket Rizzo (CHI)
Dream Date Gonzo
Gold Tux Gonzo
Vanshing Cream Beaker
Invisible Fozzie
Crash Helmet Gonzo
Tour Animal
Culinary Catastrophe
Holiday Rizzo (Red)
Holiday Rizzo (Green)
Steppin Out Bunsen/Beaker
Vaudeville Waldorf/Statler
Koozebane Kermit (Red)
Koozebane Kermit (Blue)
Koozebane Kermit (White)
Adventure Kermit
Ghost of Sam Arrow
Tux Gonzo
Cabin Boy
Mega Camilla
Super Beaker
Santa Chef
Checkered Suit Gonzo

Help me determine whether or not to sell or keep my collection. Love to get input from people that have gone through the same thing. Any regrets with selling them off?
Willing to accept offers at this time too for the entire collection; not really interested in selling them off individually. A good offer might make the decision easy as well.

Thanks for looking and your input in advance.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Wow... Would I ever love to have the money (and space) to make you an awesome offer on these figures. Sadly, I lack both.

I can offer you a bit of a story from my own personal experiences with collecting and subsequently selling said collections. I used to have a large collection of several things; Living Dead Dolls, wrestling figures, McFarlane figures, music, movies, snowglobes, movie posters, battle beasts, transformers (1st generation ones), and a few other things as well. Upon moving to Florida, I discovered some nasty issues that prevented me from working, so I had to make the tough choice to start selling off my collections. I did keep a couple things (only about a quarter of a substantial CD and DVD collection - was up to 1,500 of each at one point) to use as decorative accent pieces, but almost everything got sold eventually. I can tell you that, while the decision to actually sell the things was tough, I've now come to regard it as the second best decision I've ever made (the first being to shave my head). It was actually a freeing experience to sell so much and widdle my collections down to only the most important pieces. Almost like a weight was lifted from my shoulders (said weight has been returned by other happenstances, but that's a longer, more depressing story). Plus, I made a pretty great amount of money to pay bills with and such, which was good.

While my reasons for selling seem to be different from your reasons, the main idea of letting someone else enjoy something you've loved for a spell is the same. So, I say, yeah, if you get an offer that you're happy with, go ahead and sell. If you're a big Muppet fan, maybe keep a few of your absolute favorite characters, but sell the rest. Ultimately, it's up to you, but the fact that you're thinking about it at means you probably don't have a really deep personal connection with the figures. It's been my experience that the best collections are those that are not only loved, but those that have a personal reason for collecting.

galagr

Reaction score
I would like to buy a couple as well. What would you ask for Lips, Zoot,or Link? I would definitley take 'em!

muppet lady

Reaction score
I am interested in the whole collection. Wondering the price and how do I get in contact with you?

Mark Johns

Reaction score
I had a huge collection of these figures a few years ago. At least as many as you, if not more. Then I lost my job and was out of work for a while and sadly had to sell off my entire collection. I have regreted it every day since. Just saying.

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Throwing the sale of this collection out there one more time to true Muppet fans before I think about putting it on eBay. I would much prefer to sell the collection off as a whole set. If this does not happen I might be willing to part with the non-series figures individually (that or I will attempt to see the set on eBay as a whole). Once again, this is a great set (near complete - the best of my knowledge I am only missing White Tux Rowlf, Jim Henson, Wedding Kermit and Piggy, 2 Frog Scout figures, and some of the lunchbox sets).
All figures are mint in box.........boxes are in great shape overall, no price tags, rips or tears.
Set includes the highly sought after Backstage Playset mint in box as well!

Please don't send me low ball offers for this set. I am not that desperate to sell this awesome collection. I am doing it help make it though some tougher times.

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Rowlfy

Reaction score
Wow, that must've been some GREAT profit for you. Invest it and buy a Camaro in a few years :stick_out_tongue: