Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Here I am with my entry...............and a few Fraggle Friends! Only ONE hour left to vote and I am just 23 votes away from Third place??

Kermieuk

Reaction score
VOTING CLOSED!!
A huge CONGRATULATIONS to Foodie, who recieved the highest amount of votes.
I came in Fourth, which I am thrilled with, never expected that.
Not sure if the second and third place entries are Muppet Central users or not??

Well done to all involved.

Chris

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Yea Foodie:smirk: (Phraggle) !!! Congrats!!! :excited:

Congrats on your 4th place finish KermieUK. So close to third, my two votes wasn't enough, rats.

From what I saw with seconds to go in contest before it ended and actual votes disappeared(only ones I was watching besides my own):
1st place, Foodie had 1,174 votes. and 12360 views.
2nd place had 994 votes. and 6426 views.
3rd place had 467 votes. and 3409 views.
4th place, KermieUK had 460 votes. and 2174 views.
??? place, TomFraggle had 16 votes. and 289 views. Hope it wasn't at the very bottom. I'm curious, but it might be best I don't know. /lol

Wish my revised drawing I posted here last night would have been the one I had entered now, I'm getting a LOT of positive feedback on it so far compared to my actual entry. Oh well, I'll take this as a lesson and be more prepared if I ever try to enter another contest. Enjoyed drawing them both to share with everyone.

Congrats to everyone who entered and good luck on the judges choice. It'll be interesting to see which 9 out of Top 50 or 500+ drawings catches their eye.

Foodie

Reaction score
Please don't worry about that at all. I received my share of bad comments for last year's Muppetational Mosaic too! Let me transcribe my favorite one for you:

"OnASteek/Oct 6, 2011/2:10:23:
This piece of crap won? I thought this was one of the ugliest designs. I'm guessing it's because of the zoomed in pics. Yeah it's nice on a computer screen (in a sense) but on a shirt it's going to look like crap and anyone passing by you is going to think he has worms or something crawling under his flesh/felt. There are shirts with just that Kermit head with the right colored eyes where it won't look like Kermit has a festering, infectious skin disease."
The design actually looks very nice when printed. I've actually seen it around town, on a celebrity and in facebook photos around the world. The shirt has since sold-through multiple times and was very popular on print and canvas too!

We are the brave ones! As artists we put ourselves out there and we'll never get anywhere unless we do. Both criticism and praise should be taken in perspective. Sure, we create works for others to enjoy, but there's no way to make everyone enjoy it. Keep your head up!

These votes don't mean a darn thing except for the fan-fave winner who will get the same prize as the 8 runners-up chosen by Henson. I'm certain they will look at ALL of the entries. Incidentally, my entry doesn't even make my personal top 5 (shhhh) and my picks wouldn't likely make many others' lists either. :coy: My taste skews more toward these selections. It's all a matter of personal taste:

The fraggle color wheel one is awesome. I tried to get that one as a Daily Deviation of Deviant Art a few months ago. She did get one but not for that piece. I voted for it though.

Foodie

Reaction score
VOTING CLOSED!!
A huge CONGRATULATIONS to Foodie, who recieved the highest amount of votes.
I came in Fourth, which I am thrilled with, never expected that.
Not sure if the second and third place entries are Muppet Central users or not??

Well done to all involved.

Chris
Sooo... I actually won the fan vote? :smirk: Really?