My first puppet: Janken Fraggle

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
That puppet is amazing, Slackbot!!! And I see you are a fellow "Weird Al" Yankovic fan from your signature?:smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thank you! And, yes, I am a longtime Weird Al fan, though I don't know how that comes across in my signature.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Wow that's a great puppet Slackbot. You did a great job on him. I applaud your skill.

PS, that's super cool you went to high school with Peter Linz.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

I just came back from Dragon*Con. I normally spend a good bit of time going around the con in my Dr. Frank N. Furter costume, but because my heels broke right after the parade I couldn't do that. I made up for it by walking around every say with a wiggly doll on my arm. It was amazing how many people went out of their heads with delight at seeing a Fraggle face-to-face, even after I explained that he was just a puppet I made of my own character. It didn't matter; he was a Fraggle and they had to hug him and pose with him. I must have posed for hundreds of photos. And many held conversations with him and ignored me completely. There's a lot of love out there for Muppets and Fraggles!

Amazingly, Janken held up almost perfectly. Not a popped seam or stain anywhere. Someone sat on his tail and he lost a few feathers out of his baloobius, but that's easily repaired.

Jan (and his little sister Poncle, built and puppeteered by my good friend Kathy Moats) met some very cool people at the con, including...

Hey, wait, I didn't perform in Fraggle Rock! What am I doing in this photo?

I posted a bunch of photos, mostly of people posing with Janken, plus some other costumes (including several Muppets) in my Dragon*Con 2012 album on Facebook. I've made it public, so I think that those who aren't Facebook members can still see it. (Let me know if it works or doesn't work, 'kay?)

I'll try to work up a Dragon*Con 2012 report up, seeing as how I spent a lot of time on the puppetry track and totally embarrassed myself (and Janken) the first time I tried to work on a non-mirroring monitor. Hee hee.

dreadnok

Reaction score
wow i really love your janken fraggle its amazing

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Hi, Kim. It's me, Anthony. That kid you met last night. I got to fist-pump Janken and take a picture with him: mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=a4600f2bbd&view=att&th=13b7e3ca634e4b96&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hahreydx0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-TXMHKs1qzks7eohfdpebD&sadet=1355077851990&sads=ktH5PLy2JEcHNBqAhiYAxz-RiH4. It was awesome to meet you. I hope to see you at the next CPA thing I'm going to which is the Elmo in Grouchland showing.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hi, Anthony. Good to met you. Unfortunately, I can't see the picture because it's an E-mail attachment, and only those logged into your account can see it.

I don't go to many events at the CPA because I have to travel by MARTA, which can be rather unnerving late at night. If only their screenings started earlier in the day!