Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
I just came back from Dragon*Con. I haven't forgotten these requests; I've just been so busy doll wiggling and meeting interesting people. People like...

...Heather Henson, who spoke at a Fraggle Rock panel. Heh, Janken was all over the con, posing for hundreds of photos (there's a lot of love out there for Fraggles and Muppets, let me tell you!) and raising heck, but in this shot he looks rather sheepish. I imagine he's a bit shy about meeting one of the family of the Founder, what with him being a mere fan character and all. :wink:

This might amuse anyone who's read my other stories: In several of my fics Janken has been shown to have stage terror. His home is the camera console on stage left. He does not want to get up on the stage! Well, Peter Linz had a "Puppetry on TV" panel, complete with camera and monitor and projector, and I was one of the puppeteers who got up there and tried to cope with the non-mirrored monitor down below. That wasn't so hard, but when we all got together, every time he'd say to lean right, I'd sway Janken to the left. I just could not get it right, to the amusement of the audience. On the third take his puppet jokingly swatted Janken, who was trembling and hiding his eyes in shame. Doesn't it figure that, even in puppet form, Janken can't get his act together in front of a camera?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I just came back from Dragon*Con. I haven't forgotten these requests; I've just been so busy doll wiggling and meeting interesting people. People like...

...Heather Henson, who spoke at a Fraggle Rock panel. Heh, Janken was all over the con, posing for hundreds of photos (there's a lot of love out there for Fraggles and Muppets, let me tell you!) and raising heck, but in this shot he looks rather sheepish. I imagine he's a bit shy about meeting one of the family of the Founder, what with him being a mere fan character and all. :wink:

This might amuse anyone who's read my other stories: In several of my fics Janken has been shown to have stage terror. His home is the camera console on stage left. He does not want to get up on the stage! Well, Peter Linz had a "Puppetry on TV" panel, complete with camera and monitor and projector, and I was one of the puppeteers who got up there and tried to cope with the non-mirrored monitor down below. That wasn't so hard, but when we all got together, every time he'd say to lean right, I'd sway Janken to the left. I just could not get it right, to the amusement of the audience. On the third take his puppet jokingly swatted Janken, who was trembling and hiding his eyes in shame. Doesn't it figure that, even in puppet form, Janken can't get his act together in front of a camera?
LOL! I could imagine that would happen. I had a dream last night, and I was puppeteering a Muppet Whatnot and I got embarrased, because everyone laughed well at least not at me and at my Whatnot which is nice. It was weird!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's awesome you got to meet a real live Henson! I'm glad that Janken had a good time and was such a big hit with the other people at the convention.

Walter

Reaction score

I thought you guys were great! It was so much fun, and Janken fit in very well with the others! I really enjoyed talking to you, Janken, Heather, Peter, and Walter.:fanatic:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Work-in-progress that I started last night...

I feel a lot more confident this time around, as I got a lot of mistakes out of the way with Janken. Of course, new problems challenges are presenting themselves, as this puppet is different structurally. For instance, this puppet will have to support up to 7 ounces of weight on its head, so it needs a thicker foam skull to avoid getting smooshy. And because the mouth is so wide, the gasket rubber mouthplates bent in the middle, making it look terrible when the mouth was closed. Solution: cannibalizing a cheap plastic container, the kind you get for a few bucks at Target, for some hard plastic.

So, this is actually the second skull I made. No problem; with Janken I made nearly everything twice. I'm a writer, I'm used to doing multiple drafts. Now things are going faster because I have a bit of a clue as to what I'm doing. And I have Antron fleece and Rit dye in my arsenal, mwaahaahaa!

(I haven't forgotten the requested sketch requests. I just haven't drawn anything lately. That's a bad habit.)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That looks like you're going to be making something cool there! Can't wait to see how it looks later on.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Holy Mokey! Those are great drawings! I love those drawings! Wembley being Wembley! LOL! And smiling? Wow! I love it! The friendship bond of Mokey and Gobo is a very nice touch for your drawings. The funniest thing you drew was bananna! (laughs!) Oh, you just make my day. Oh, I almost forgot. My birthday's tommorrow so happy birthday to me.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Okay--someone HAS to say... It's a BANANA SKETCH!

...What--YOU'VE never HEARD of the BANANA SKETCH? <Gasp!>

<ahem> Okay. I feel better now. It just had to be said. :halo: Really, though, I like that drawing.

...And it's a BANANA SKETCH! ...And I'm tired, so everything's hilarious right now. I'm going to end this post now before I keep rambling and randomly shouting "banana sketch" and generally being annoying to well-rested people who will have to read this post in the future. BANANA SKETCH! ...See? Annoying. Right. I'm really stopping now and going to bed. Really, I promise! (In addition to making everything hilarious, being tired also tends to make me ramble and makes it very difficult for me to end a post...)