Reaction score
His structure is like hooping for a big dress. like this

and this

hope this helps.
great job.

~Adam

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks guys! MuppetFan123, it wasn't that hard of a puppet to make really. I just applied what I have learned from this website...and from the project puppet patterns...and VOILA!

I don't know about making a tutorial....don't us puppeteers live under similar rules as magicians?
Er, NO! Did you then expect people to then help you reveal Fozzie's insides, or be able to get a pattern or research if that was the case.We are here to help each other.:jim:

scandell

Reaction score
I was thinking mostly about protecting the exact patterns. I don't think I have seen a lot of pattern exchanging hands on this website. Especially since I modified (greatly) a project puppet pattern. Sharing technique is one thing...tips sure. But publishing patterns is a little "if"y. :embarrassed:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
The dress material is called boning. I sew it inside the body to give the structure support - so it doesn't collapse from the weight of the fur and arms. Many people are switching over to L100/200 it holds it's shape and is less time consuming than sewing in boning. Ernie (at least an older version) is reticulated foam with boning sewn in the body. He had no sock inside either. I saw an older picture of Ernie laying on a table- the photo shot right up his "butt" I could only see up to his neck . :smile: Darn LOL I imagine Fozzie being the same. Boning can be found in most fabric stores and comes in various widths.

Melonpool

Reaction score
You can buy boning super cheap on ebay by the roll. When you buy it at a fabric store, they sell it by the yard and gets expensive really fast. You use a lot of boning on each puppet, but a roll will probably be enough to make about 6-8 puppets.

scandell

Reaction score
Wait. Does this boning run vertical up the body or in horizontal rings?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was thinking mostly about protecting the exact patterns. I don't think I have seen a lot of pattern exchanging hands on this website. Especially since I modified (greatly) a project puppet pattern. Sharing technique is one thing...tips sure. But publishing patterns is a little "if"y. :embarrassed:
Sure, I can understand that.If people are selling a pattern, it wouldnt be fair to publish it.Just thought you werent going to give any advice or tips.My appologies.

Melonpool

Reaction score
You can run boning both horizontally or vertically or both. It's kind of what works best. I'd say that Fozzie, being HUGE would probably need boning horizontally at his belly and neck with a few vertical pieces sewn in to give the whole thing stability. Sort of like a human ribcage.

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
In my Fozzie, I used "hoop wire". That is also the method used in dresses. I put his body together the same way those dresses were made in the pictures I posted above.
The best view of my Fozzie's body that you can see is about 6 1/2 minutes into this video-

He is also in a few of the other videos On my Youtube page as well.

I also have some photos of him on my blog. They were posted in February. Here is the link - http://adamkreutinger.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html
This is were I purchased the "hoop wire" http://www.richardthethread.com/ind...type=detail&refno=90&category=Corset Supplies

~Adam